PDA

View Full Version : high revs 1.2i

chinbo99
15-07-04, 01:30 PM
Having problems with my 1.2i engine. A while ago the engine started to tick over really high (about 1700 rpm) so I replaced the idle air control valve and now when you turn the engine on the car is fine, however after a couple of minutes of driving, its back up at 1700 rpm and wont go back down. Any ideas??? I've changed spark plugs, injectors, air and oil filters and cam belt but still having the problems!! :?

Nick
15-07-04, 01:33 PM
Well on the 1.2i the ECU controls the Idling speed of your engine.

Sounds like you need to investigate any ECU faults or problems you could be encountering. It may be a dodgy Sender, I've got a 1.2 Carb so i don't know much about the ECU and howit makes the engine idle. But it sounds like you need to look into that

Aragorn
15-07-04, 02:42 PM
ok assuming its a new idle control valve and its not gunked up u need to leave the engine running at idle while stopped

for some reason it doesnt adjust properly while moving, probably because if its detecting a road speed from the speed sender on the gearbox it assumes the engines under power and isnt in "idle" mode

try waiting till its idling high then stop somewhere and wait for 5mins with the engine idling - it SHOULD go down - and if it doesnt the engine management light will end up coming on telling you it CANT make it go down which implies an air leak somewhere