PDA

View Full Version : Lowreing my td problem

DirtyDave
14-07-04, 02:17 AM
people's, i've jst bought a standard g-max lowering kit for my td -30mm and the problem i have is that the front seems to look as though it is lowered but the rear well still looks too high and giv it som on a bend and the back end decides it would like to overtake the front! and the ride is still soft and i want it to be firm!
i've done springs and shox and i've got 15' wheels wiv 195/50 tyres
any ideas?

Chris
14-07-04, 02:23 AM
not sure but the front might sit lower due to the TD being a heavier engine? I dont think that the 35mm springs actually lower the back anyway. I fitted some to mine and they didnt make any difference. I am not running 60mm springs on rear and it still sits very high. But i am lacking interior :oops:

DirtyDave
14-07-04, 02:29 AM
ok cheers chris but any ideas on why the back end flys out wit no warning? If i can't sort this out i'm gonna sell it! and buy a new car

Chris
14-07-04, 02:36 AM
if the back end is sat high than the front, when cornering the back is going to roll more than the front, putting the majority the the rear end weight on teh outside wheel. When this weight exceeds the grip of the tyre is just lets go, resulting in oversteer. Is your tracking ok? All bushes fine?

Ste_Nova
14-07-04, 10:09 AM
td's run gsi suspesion as standard

DirtyDave
14-07-04, 04:30 PM
cheers ste so what your saying is i've bought the wrong kit and what i need to buy is the gsi kit?
:oops:

snapper
14-07-04, 04:43 PM
the back won't settle as quickly as the front springs will they? because there's less weight in the back.

perhaps if you stuck a couple of paving slabs in the back and left it for a couple of days it'll settle down to the right height. did you get the shocks as well or just the springs?

Ste_Nova
14-07-04, 06:00 PM
you should allways but gsi suspension... that applys to everyone!

DirtyDave
14-07-04, 08:09 PM
yeh i bought shox and springs, would fitting and anti-roll bar help? or front and rear strut braces help with handleing cause thats what i'm after a car that handles well!

nova_rally
15-07-04, 01:47 PM
Poor cornering and flinging out is more often than not due to cheap ass tyres that offer no grip whatsoever. (at least in my experience) Hankook TH02s all round and you will probably notice a difference. Avoid Jupiter and Camac tyres at all cost.

Alan

Chris
15-07-04, 01:59 PM
what about kong fu ditch finders?

DirtyDave
15-07-04, 05:01 PM
yeh i admit tyhe tyres r poor and it could do with some new ones but i gotta get the handleing rite, i had a mk2 golf b4 and that handled wen lowered a dream and i want thin nova to do the same but it jst wont.

un1eash
25-07-04, 07:07 PM
I have gmax shocks on the front of mine and unknown gas shocks on the rear, lowered by 50mm. I use 165/60 14" tyres. The back does sit abit higher but not by much but i do have a twin 12" sub box with weighs quite abit. As for the handling i think its great, theres hardly any body roll and it sticks to the road.

DirtyDave
26-07-04, 12:32 AM
great well ive got loads of body roll and it does handle better than standard but i used to chuck the golf into a corner and it would go no problems but this it jst wont, loads of body-roll and then it breaks grip it shits me up everytime

un1eash
26-07-04, 02:33 PM
"yeh i bought shox and springs, would fitting and anti-roll bar help?"

Have you not got an anti roll bar?

Stuart
26-07-04, 02:38 PM
right then

heres what you do

NO front ARB!!!!
Rear ARB, yes

GOOD tyres (eagle F1's, Toyo T1's, Hankook, Avon etc not ceap stuff)

Strut brace at the front, maybe the rear.

new yellow poly bushes

should handle perfectly then

DirtyDave
26-07-04, 04:59 PM
what model has a rear anti-roll bar that i can get hold of? and poly bushes alround im guessin?