PDA

View Full Version : handling of a c20let or c20xe nova on corners??????????

irmscherkris
13-07-04, 09:01 PM
just about to start the conversion but am not sure on what kind of handling to expect. on the face of it id say s*ite on corners due to weight but ive heard people say its ok. WHAT DO YOU SAY? :twisted:

Smoki3
13-07-04, 09:06 PM
mines running on g-max shox with courtney c20xe springs and handlings pretty well with the extra weight, you just have to be smoother with power delivery on exiting a corner cause theres loads of oversteer. :P
and can be a hand full at times! :lol:

AnThoNYnOvA
13-07-04, 09:09 PM
think of it like having a a massive weight which pulls which way you stear its hard to explain lol

Chris
14-07-04, 02:47 AM
once i got used to mine the handling is ok. At first I had problems with understeer, through too much right foot, then I had problems with massive amounts of oversteer, this was lift-off oversteer, now the car twitches between under and over steer, nothing big though which makes it more fun

Chris

rodgerq
14-07-04, 06:01 PM
for best results you are best of fitting coilovers(on the front at least) with the correct poundage of spring capable of supporting the extra weight of the XE/LET.

another much debated issue is the one of the antiroll bar. lots of people swear by it and lots of people swear by removing it. thats for you to decide as theres been no conclusive results. its all down to hoe you like the car to feel

rodgerq

Philsutton
15-07-04, 12:52 PM
mine handles about the same as when i had the 1400 in just a tad of understeer if you plant the throttleround a corner.
i have welded the engine bay up, competition engine mounts in, coilovers, rear camber has been chnaged and strut brace. If done properly they can handle very well indeed.

rodgerq
15-07-04, 05:39 PM
also a good idea to invest in some very decent tyres. no point in spending a bomb on kit then neglecting the single one thing that attaches you to the road.

rodgerq