PDA

View Full Version : Dancing rev counter

Gunzi
13-07-04, 05:54 PM
I have a digi dash, its the one with the peaked rev counter. Once the revs rise above 4-5k the counter jus starts dancing all over the place between 3-7k even if I hold the speed!!
Any one had this happen to them, and know a solution, as although it looks amusing, its hard to gauge what revs I'm at!

pingu_turbo
13-07-04, 06:17 PM
Have you tried the lead that comes off your coil? If its loose or has a bad connection the vibration of the engine may effect this.

My car had that when i first got it. The wire had a tiny break by the connector on the coil.

Gunzi
15-07-04, 10:27 AM
cheers I'll check it out

Nick
15-07-04, 01:14 PM
I have the same problem, but mine is around 5k-7k really. Not that i ever really boot it that high, i noticed it jumps around when i've been botting it once or twice

my wire is jst mashed into the coil as i never had a rev counter wire, i presume this is why it jumps, cos of the shite connection.

Yours sounds much worse than mine tho, maybe somethin up with your coil !? could also be water on the connections !?

Aragorn
15-07-04, 02:52 PM
i had the wire off completely and the rev counter went psycho on my digidash

was jumping around without the engine even running

i guess its just a bad connection, try running a whole new wire from the dash to the coil -