PDA

View Full Version : Bad boy lip

kittednova
13-07-04, 11:51 AM
On www.corsacentre.com they sell a bad boy bonnet lip for under ?30,can the lip be smoothed in as part of the bonnet and sprayed?or do u thnk it will just stand out like a sore thumb,and look shite,cos on the site the lip is white and the bonnet is black?if it is gunna look gud n look like part of the bumper i wil buy it,any suggestions wil help.

Mike.
13-07-04, 12:24 PM
the bad boy lip might be white but u can spray it the same colour of the car no props
and as for blending it in to the bonnet that might be a bit difficult but possible i think. u'll need brackets making and a lot of fibre glass

kittednova
13-07-04, 08:48 PM
how much money and time would this cost?where duz evry 1 else get their basd boy bonnets from?i was thnkin of gettin the b boy bonnet skin off quad conversions but i want the evo5 vent n the skin comes wiv a vent,no where i should go 2 get a b boy bonnet like evry1 elses?

Mel
13-07-04, 09:32 PM
the skin (i think) goes on top of the lights. i dont think its joined to the bonnet..but i havent seen one up close, so could be totally wrong. i have noticed, tho, that theres a gap, so it would be difficult (imo) for an amateur to do it. it can, however, be sprayed after prep work etc.

Cool louvres do a bad boy bonnet, professionally done. think its around ?200? but dont quote me on that. (they use your existing bonnet)

Jim
13-07-04, 09:53 PM
The only way to get a decent bad boy bonnet in my opinion is to get a piece of metal welded onto the front of the existing bumper. There will be less chance of it cracking and looking out of place.

Bear in mind, you will also have to alter your grill in order to be able to open the bad boy bonnet.

Jim

-tucny-
13-07-04, 10:39 PM
The only way to get a decent bad boy bonnet in my opinion is to get a piece of metal welded onto the front of the existing bumper. There will be less chance of it cracking and looking out of place.

Bear in mind, you will also have to alter your grill in order to be able to open the bad boy bonnet.

Jim

im with jim on this. moulding a fibre glass strip to ur bonnet wont be as strong as a metal strip welded on. the glass fibre lip will be fairly thin, itl need to be fit as the maker intend it to be. it would have to moulded in with glass fibre which expands differently to metal in heat n u dont get much more heat than on ur bonnet = cracks.

alot of glass fibre styling parts like this lip are designed to try n make things easier, which they are. but they are also a comprimise on long term quality. i know as i have made glass fibre products myself n there an ar*e. but as long as people buy the naff stuff, people are gonna make em.

if its ease ur wanting go for a full bonnet skin.

kittednova
14-07-04, 11:36 AM
if the lip is welded to the front,wont there be a wave in the bonet from where the lip has bin welded 2 the bonnet?

Mike.
14-07-04, 11:54 AM
not iff u tack or spot weld it
insted of welding the whole edge of the bonnet u just go along the edge of the bonnet tacking the metal to the bonnet.
that way the bonnet won't distort or bend