PDA

View Full Version : What is colour coding?

kittednova
13-07-04, 11:45 AM
Hey,wat is colour coding?im only 15,got a kitted up nova,but ive been told about colour coding dash board?wat is it and how could i use it on a dash board,as my current dashboard is a plain mk2 one,bearing in mind ive got red gte interior,any suggestions would help! 8)

DEATHCAT
13-07-04, 11:56 AM
Colour coding means as follows

Spraying the bumper, door handles and mirror casing the same colour as the cars body colour

also colour coding the dash means the same spraying the dash the same colour as the interior eg the door handles on the inside and the head lights buttons etc.

hope this helps

if you want a site to purchase dash colourent let me know ;)

kittednova
13-07-04, 12:04 PM
no any sites i can buy the spray?they sell it in motorworld but its ?25 for 330ml(a coke can) and theres not enuff 4 the dash,i thnk its for just sprayin lil bits here n there cos thats all theyve dun on the pic in theere castolouge,any sites or numbers?preferably in wales thnx

Mike.
13-07-04, 12:14 PM
colour codings really easy m8
but u have to Know what your doin especially with prep work which is rubbing down and priming
u can colour code dash parts like the vents or u can colour code door handles bumpers (which need prepin alot) the little strip on the boot (grab handle) and wing mirrors

DEATHCAT
13-07-04, 12:15 PM
heres a few

http://www.gbdriver.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_colour_spray_31.html

http://www.passionmotorsport.co.uk/soledash2.htm

robb
13-07-04, 01:43 PM
Don't spray parts of the dash, get a black one or leave it std.

P.S. If you need the red knob dial things I got a whole SR dash (excl clocks) if you need em.

DEATHCAT
13-07-04, 02:48 PM
Don't spray parts of the dash, get a black one or leave it std.

why not spray the dash i sprayed mine white and blue and it came out fine ??

Mike.
13-07-04, 03:37 PM
its not to every ones taste m8

DEATHCAT
13-07-04, 05:13 PM
m8 if ppl like there dashes sprayed i dont think it matter what other think does it ?

epo
13-07-04, 06:52 PM
ive sprayed seperate parts of mine blue to match the interior and the other parts are sprayed lexus grey anthraicite to contrast the blue

eg ive sprayed glove box blue window switch housing asy tray vents ect

just done it bit at a time

J4MES
13-07-04, 07:42 PM
colour coding of bits like the dash can look good if done well and tastefully, although as with everything in modding it is all about opinions and only one really matters; the owner's....

kittednova
13-07-04, 08:43 PM
as im gettin the whole car sprayed black wiv gold flakes in paint,i was thinking of sprayin whole dash completly black,then spraying the glove box,vents,lil other bits red,thnk tha would look gd?

J4MES
13-07-04, 10:11 PM
not sure on the red idea mate, what about silver, as black and silver could look amazing!