PDA

View Full Version : Limited Edition Nova SRI???? HELP

vinny1684
12-07-04, 04:39 PM
Ok this is a weird story,

I was parked up in a little town near Newcastle, and this guy came upto me and asked if he could buy my car off me, its a 1993 Nova 1.4 SRI. Anyway i was shocked to hear that he was the original owner of the car from the day it was made and he was overjoyed to see it still running around and looking good.

Basically my question is, he told me it was a special model made at 98 bhp, and only a small amount were made. I have done NO mods to the car so its all standard everything and it does go quick.

This would explain why my mate who also has a SRI think mines fast.

Anyone heard of this? ive been looking through the internet and i cant find any details at all.

If anyone can shed any light id greatly appreciate it.

PS ive posted this on another forum, but not had much luck apart from this from 1 person:Ive seen somthing like this before, my mate has a 1993 sri while i have a 1992 gsi.
We both have similar modifications on the cars, but can i ever overtake him, Even last time i went to trax i was caining mine in 5th gear and he was keeping up no problems.
I have allways wondered why (he put it down to being a better driver, till we swoped cars for a week)
I donna what they did to some of the later sri's but jesus they go quick

Will
12-07-04, 05:14 PM
the nova SRI 1.4 8v is 82hp from the factory

there were no special 98bhp models made

unlike the 120bhp 1.2 sting ;)

vinny1684
12-07-04, 05:57 PM

Ima gonna find the log book

PS ive never heard of the "Sting"

Jim
12-07-04, 06:58 PM

:roll:

Jim

Stuart
12-07-04, 07:07 PM
willhelm its the ltd ltd antibies thats the real specialty

vinny1684
12-07-04, 08:38 PM
willhelm its the ltd ltd antibies thats the real specialty

Whats that mean please in plain simple dumb person like me who knows very little about cars english

Barn
12-07-04, 08:42 PM
prob different gearboxes mate

Snowface
13-07-04, 08:20 PM
lmao, different Gearboxes won't make 16bhp difference at the flywheel.

you can take the gearbox off and start an Sri, it will still have 82bhp.

the 'Sting' thing, they are being carcastic mate.

Barn
13-07-04, 09:14 PM
We both have similar modifications on the cars, but can i ever overtake him, Even last time i went to trax i was caining mine in 5th gear and he was keeping up no problems.

lmao, different Gearboxes won't make 16bhp difference at the flywheel.

you can take the gearbox off and start an Sri, it will still have 82bhp.
christ, i know where to go now to get my engine setup...f uck mate you are clever. I always thought sticking a CR gearbox gave you 400bhp more...?! oh, I am really gutted now.

maybe I should have made myself clearer then :roll:

vinny1684
14-07-04, 05:31 PM
So i guess nobody knows anything about it?

damn, thought someone would have

Freak
14-07-04, 07:38 PM
All i know is mine gave a simlilar reading at 4 different rolling roads on 5 seperate occasions, and mine was 100% standard.
They were good roads too- regarded as being accurate.
Was bizarre- having an SRi pumping out loads more than it should.

The average between all the roads put mine at 94bhp....

Read into that what you will- plenty of people on here will vouch for it- as they were at some of the rolling road sessions.

Officially no, they didnt make any limited SRis, but the later ones do seem a bit pokier for some reason.

Dave
14-07-04, 09:17 PM
didn't tilly have a superquick gte?? sommant like 108 hp standard wasn't it

Potswalker
15-07-04, 07:03 PM
i've got a late(k) plate SRi and although i dont know the bhp but in a straight line its as fast as my brothers GSi.both are slightly modified when it comes to engines but his has more. thought it was cos the SRi's have lighter fly wheels giving it better exceleration low down?