PDA

View Full Version : bigger injectors on 1600?

pingu_turbo
11-07-04, 07:51 PM
I was just wondering if i had a BB+ head and a modded cam (not sure which one) would i get the full benefit from the standard injectors? cud i fit bigger flow ones? :?
Cheers.

brian
11-07-04, 10:50 PM
Obviously you can't just stick in bigger injectors and go because you would be just over fueling.
In the Group A Nova rally car setup the bigger injectors that are used are 20xe ones along with an upgrade Ecu and air flow meter.
Harry Hockley would be worth ringing about this as they sell these units.

MC
12-07-04, 07:50 AM
I wouldn't bother with bigger injectors after minor mods. They won't give any more power, only help the engine cope when you approach around the 150bhp mark.

Does bill actually do a B++ for the 1.6? I know he can on smaller engines as the valves are smaller to start with, but it is very tight between the 1600 valves to go anyty larger.

MC

peester
12-07-04, 08:59 AM
Does bill actually do a B++ for the 1.6? I know he can on smaller engines as the valves are smaller to start with, but it is very tight between the 1600 valves to go anyty larger.

MC

i thought this too. b+ is the daddy 1.6 wise...

S_Gault
12-07-04, 11:05 AM
no you dont need them.

when you run it on the dyno you can check the fuelling with wide band lamda and if its getting lean (coz your running out of injector duty cycle), then its fairly easy to up fuel pressure.

But id say thie your mods its not neccessary.

Steven

pingu_turbo
13-07-04, 06:11 PM
Thx guys, I meant the B+. Also what cam do ya recon i shoud get to go wiv the head? I dont want anything too revvy and undrivable, as i still drive the car every day.
Cheers