PDA

View Full Version : smooth boot

burgo
11-07-04, 12:41 AM
ive just come up with an idea i smoothed me mates cavalier boot todayand found it rather easy i think a nova boot will b even easier how much do u recon ppl will pay for mint smoothed boots in primer just an idea to get me some money for me project

DazK
11-07-04, 02:03 AM
iv seen a few flushed tailgates in primer sell on ebay for roughly 100quid a shot. sometimes more. iv even seen as high as 130quid!! :o

they need to be good quality to fetch that kinda money tho, strong welds, good prep work and no rust etc etc

give it a shot mate, tailgate from the scrappy aint gonna break the bank, and the cost of materials for such a job is relatively peanuts :+:

burgo
11-07-04, 02:34 AM
fook me u bein serious i was thinkin more round the ?50 mark and they are gonna b mint ones done properly i cant stand bodge jobs

broody
11-07-04, 04:18 AM
how would u do it then?

epo
11-07-04, 10:04 AM
how would u do it then?

if he told u he wudnt make ne money would he :wink:

broody
11-07-04, 12:44 PM
shut it unckly epo

DazK
11-07-04, 04:31 PM
fook me u bein serious i was thinkin more round the ?50 mark and they are gonna b mint ones done properly i cant stand bodge jobs

yeah, people on ebay just tend to pay over the odds for things... :| :roll:

realistically 60-70quid is about right imo :)

Barn
11-07-04, 04:40 PM
think I will just get a blanking panel

paying ?35 for mine

- go for it though mate...

:+:

burgo
11-07-04, 08:03 PM
blankin panel all gd but makes it a bitch to put window back in and u do have to do alot of smoothin to get it to look rite on the sides im gonna do the weld in a plate technique my mates cavvy boot is really gd ill try and get pics of it sorted it was a rite bitch to get rite i got some spare nova tailgates so ill have ago but i see it bein really easy ill take pics of it aswell to prove i can do it and see if i get interest

burgo
11-07-04, 08:05 PM
just thought i could do em to order as well cos some ppl only want them de handled and de-locked and the wiper removing ya think ill go for that take orders for em that way i can even get em sprayed the rite colour

Mike.
11-07-04, 10:21 PM
gr8 idea m8