PDA

View Full Version : Push Start Button Install Instructions ??

DEATHCAT
10-07-04, 01:34 PM
does anyone know how to or has a link on how to install the Richbrook Illuminated Push button for a standard Vauxhall Nova Mk2 Flaire ??

because the instructions that came with it are un understandable lol

thx in advance

epo
10-07-04, 01:47 PM
mine was fairly easy
u need to run one of the wires from the relay to the starter motor
earth the relay
then from the relay u take a wire to the switch
then from the other live terminal of the switch u run a wire to ur ingnition wire in the steerin collum area cant remember which 1
to illuminate the switch there will be an earth terminal simply run a wire from there to a good earth point
hope this helps i did mine a few years ago like

DEATHCAT
10-07-04, 01:50 PM
well it does then it does not because the set they sent me came with piggyback connectors and theres no where on my alternator where i can put them they are all ring connectors on there. also i followed the instructions i got and it does not seem to work :'(

epo
10-07-04, 01:53 PM
i dont think mines mounted on the alternator
starter motor yes :!:
i think it doubles up with a red and black wire but dont quote me on that

Chris
11-07-04, 08:01 AM
you wasnt far away epo. The wires that does to the starter solenoid is black/red. Meaning it is black with a red line down it.

Chris

robb
12-07-04, 01:36 PM
How do these starter buttons switch the ignition, or do you still need to turn the key?

If it works with no key then it will need to switch ignition on first, usually black wires, and the stater solenoid is Black redline.

If it needs the key to turn ignition on then I would have thought it would only need a live feed and earth and a piggyback onto the Black redline wire.

Chris
12-07-04, 01:47 PM
I think thats how they work robb. But they use a relay from the ignition feed to stop the starter being activated without the ignition turned on IIRC

robb
12-07-04, 02:05 PM
Seems a bit pointless to do all that wiring and work to have to put the key in, turn and then press a button.

What would be good is a proximity sensor which uses a chip (not magnet ones) then you could get in the car with the key (chip) on keyring and just press the button, also leave the ign barrel in to fool theives.

That would be good! esp with remote central locking cos you won't even have to get your keys out, just have a remote and a keyring!

Ste_Nova
12-07-04, 02:46 PM
mines like that....

push button on fob to start car.. get in

get out of car.. close door

epo
12-07-04, 07:05 PM
mines just purely as a trick little gadget for show mainly altho i do use it fairly oftern

DEATHCAT
05-09-04, 06:22 PM
mines like that....

push button on fob to start car.. get in

get out of car.. close door

yeah but if i have that on mine it will void my insurence so has anyone got a detailed fitting guide for a mk 2 nova pls i really need this ??

thx in advance

epo
05-09-04, 06:27 PM
its all in the above mate what to do also
if you buy the lockwood one the instructions are easy to follow

Aamir
07-09-04, 12:09 PM
I have a starter button from a VX220,
do i have to use a relay ?

m.d.
09-09-04, 05:21 PM
just find the two wires on the ignition barrel that are connected together when you turn the key to the starter position. easy to do, just get a volt meter and put it accross random wires untill you find the two that are connected with the key turned fully. (dissconnect the battory incace of a short)

when you have these wires just splice into them with another wire (an extra wire for each) these then go to your switch which when connected together they will turn the starter. job done. (only trouble with this is that you can turn the engine over with the key out. but it will never start so who cares)

Snowface
09-09-04, 06:20 PM
might be a guide in max power haynes.

m.d.
09-09-04, 08:07 PM
there is :D