PDA

View Full Version : Door hinge pins

eggy
09-07-04, 10:51 PM
Any one got any tips on getting the door hinge pins out. got to get a door off a scrapper tomorrow tried a dry run on my door tonight and they didnt want to budge .

hendrix
09-07-04, 10:59 PM
u can use the thing that holds ur bonnet up. Cut it in half and hammer it at the pins. they should drop out after a lot of elbow grease :roll: . If not ask the guy at the scrapper to grind the doors off - on the A pillar side of the pins tho otherwise u have a door u cant use!!! :lol:
I think thats rite, but i probably sound like a tit!

dan-hipgrave
09-07-04, 11:01 PM
Draper do a door pin removal kit, ive got one but it doesnt seem to be able to fit and get my pins out, but maybe thats because ive got a 5-door? You could always buy one if you cant get them off any other way and see if it fits yours...

Al Wilson
09-07-04, 11:10 PM
u can use the thing that holds ur bonnet up. Cut it in half and hammer it at the pins. they should drop out after a lot of elbow grease :roll: . If not ask the guy at the scrapper to grind the doors off - on the A pillar side of the pins tho otherwise u have a door u cant use!!! :lol:
I think thats rite, but i probably sound like a tit!

My god I thought I was the only one that had ever used this techique. I actually have the thing saved as a door pin hinge removing tool! :D

novaexplod
10-07-04, 11:26 AM
u need a longer bar as u cant get to hit as the top of the door frame is in the wy, the bottom pin is fairly easy as u can hit it upwards to get it out, but ull probably struggle with the top as i did and i also dented the door more than once :(

eggy
10-07-04, 08:24 PM
Cheers for the tips, the scrap man got the door off in five minutes with a hammer an screw driver . Its only the pins on the door of me car that are stuck fast , but as the door is completely rotten am going to take a angle grinder to it

smitty5door
12-07-04, 10:20 PM
lol i was gunna say use a hammer n screw driver or summin lol

Mike.
13-07-04, 02:31 PM
hammer and screw driver could work but it would be a pain in the arse to do i strugled to get the pins out of the boot lid on my car with a hammer and screw driver but it worked eventually :lol: