PDA

View Full Version : NOVA vs AXGT

Anonymous
24-08-01, 10:54 PM
Sorry guys, but the nova must be sold and an Citroen AX GT bought!

So if any of u see an white with 15`` white compomotive MO's and you fancy a race, you'd better be in a GSI, otherwise you don't stand a chance!

See you round

Anonymous
24-08-01, 11:41 PM
hmm

i should see you in my rear view mirror about 500 metres behind me after about 8 secs

:)

Anonymous
25-08-01, 12:17 AM
depends what engine u have got in ur nova though...

Anonymous
25-08-01, 12:20 AM
ahh but yer A,B and C pillars will bend at the slightest touch lol

Ohh Ahhhh
Ger Orf Moy LAAANNNDDD

Traater, Traila, Comboine Bailer

Anonymous
25-08-01, 01:10 AM
Rich has brought a BM now... ha, fool

but i wont take the piss cuz it's a sweet sounding car

=======================
If there's grass on the pitch... :D

Anonymous
25-08-01, 03:39 AM
if ya crash the fcuker, ya gonna loose ya legs too. the shelf under the dash has em straight off worst cars on the road for lasting a smash

THAT WALL HURT !!

Anonymous
25-08-01, 08:01 AM
ohhh dear

they may be "nippy" but they are built like a lego car

i have seen one that hit my mate head on in his cav sri at 70mph and the 4 lads in the car didnt fare to well

the driver didnt have a seat belt on he landed down the road and survived after going through the windscreen

the front passenger lost a leg coz the car crumpled it all up

the 2 back passengers died as well

1 was cut in to by the seatbelt

the other lost an arm

i was kinda put off by them for ever after that coz the cav could have been fixed up and put back on the road if there hadnt been fatalitys

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
25-08-01, 10:09 AM
Well mate my sri coud scare the shit out of my mates exhaust and k+n tuned ax gt.There fast but not that fast.My mates sri could also sit with a clio 1.8 16v.Mine will beat his soon!!!!

stop.............................................. ....................................Carry on!!

Anonymous
25-08-01, 07:22 PM
A lad at my work has an AX GT with at filter, I raced him the other day off a round-about, and up a by pass. I beat him to the round-about at the end by at least 5 seconds! :D
AX's cnat be that fast, coz ive only got a 1.3sr with a Weber and a filter! :P

Anonymous
27-08-01, 12:04 AM
As standard the AX GT 1400cc Carb kicks out 97bhp as standard, and the GTi Injection model, the later ones (most 5 door) pushed near to 102bhp as standard.
The SR1.3 only has 70bhp so as standard cars go, it wont keep up at all...
The torque figure on the AX is also very high, but i can't remember what is stands at.
The AX GT's are more popular, but all AX's use the same engine as the Saxos have got now, just a dated model, and the Injection ones still dont have a Cat fitted hence the power increase...
A 1.4SRI might keep up, but thats with a filter and an exhaust, i dont think it would be able to otherwise.

You could always get a Visa GT...twin webers as standard, 110bhp...Could scare a few cars if that pulled up, and then wizzed off the lights! :-)lol.

Anonymous
27-08-01, 12:26 AM
For proper "scare peeps at the lights" action, you need ste's car! I saw it at billing, and had no idea it was his at first...I thought it was just a tidy 1.2i with alloys...and so do peeps at the lights...until they turn green :D

As for Citroens......I like AX's, but I'd be put off by the whole crash resistance...or lack of....problem :O
Of course, if you don't crash often, then it's not a prob ;)

Anyway, if you want a quick Citroen, you need a BX 4TC!!!

Anonymous
27-08-01, 04:02 AM
Er I thought 1.4 carbed GT's had 85BHP as standard?

Anyway they are still pants, you can flex the bootlid when it's open ahaha

=======================

Anonymous
27-08-01, 02:22 PM
yep 85 bhp as standard, gti ones are 100bhp and most of em are not 5 door, where the fook did you get that info? I looked into buying one of these a year or so ago before my 1st nova - i'm glad i didn't buy one!!

Novaload.NET Run What Ya Brung Day at Santa Pod, 9th September.

Anonymous
27-08-01, 03:51 PM
dave_fox where u from mate? where u down southend saturday??

[-flash.gif-]

Anonymous
27-08-01, 08:09 PM
Thats what the book says, but they push out close to 100, Citroen got it wrong when they published the details...Some are low, some are really high, it was hit and mis with the AXGT's.
The GTi's were produced in 3 and 5 door form, there were over 20k more produced of the 5 door GTI model then the 3 door, as it was the main selling point around Europe or something like that...in England there might be more 3 doors, dont know..

Anonymous
27-08-01, 10:43 PM
PUT IT THIS WAY LADZ, THE AX GT IS JUST A FCUKIN' BODGE UP AND CAN'T TAKE THE STYLE OFF A NOVA ANY DAY!
;);););););););););););););););););););););)

Anonymous
28-08-01, 11:30 AM
Micky, that sounds like a bloody nasty crash mate!!!!! hearing that has totally put me off AXGT's or any little citroens for that matter!!!!!!!

2.0 16v on its way soon!!!! :D

Anonymous
28-08-01, 12:37 PM
na i have to say saxo's are quite safe cars - i dont think i would be here today if i had bought a nova as my first car!

Anonymous
28-08-01, 12:44 PM
what did u hit breeny?
i took out a golf vr6 with my 1.4sr
http://fp.mikey.f9.co.uk/images/Gallery/Nova/sr.jpg
and that was at 90mph

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 11pm Sat/Sun ---
--- 16v engine fitting advice ---

Anonymous
28-08-01, 01:21 PM
alfa romeo gtv hit me between 60 and 70 mph straight to drivers side. Door was crushed halfway across the seat and that was with side impact bars :O The police also said it helped that i was small :D didnt manage to get a pic but i went to see it in the recovery yard, it was banana shaped lol

Anonymous
28-08-01, 02:22 PM
my bruva has had 2 ax gt's and he wrote both of them of there crappy bodge job lego cars, if u maintain a high speed in them u manage to warp the chasis causing the doors not to shut properly, tut the french scum B-)

Anonymous
28-08-01, 02:24 PM
my bruva has had 2 ax gt's and he wrote both of them of there crappy bodge job lego cars, if u maintain a high speed in them u manage to warp the chasis causing the doors not to shut properly, tut the french scum B-)

Anonymous
28-08-01, 03:48 PM
side impact bars are a con!!
all they do is allow the door to seperate from the a pillar

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 11pm Sat/Sun ---
--- 16v engine fitting advice ---

Anonymous
28-08-01, 06:37 PM
if thats true about citroen making a 'cock up' my nova sr has 1000 bhp it was a one off (honest) this is well bad first thing i say since coming back

back seats or not? that is the question!

Anonymous
28-08-01, 07:31 PM
Right o.k Ive had an ax gt and ive know got a 1.4 sri. AX gts are slightly faster to 60 (not much in it) but id say an sri top end. sri's are ten times better at goin round corners, look better, loads safer and the engines dont fuck up as mutch. plus parts are a lot cheaper. (oh did i mention Ax gts have 3 studs per wheel?) Bit gay is that.

Anonymous
29-08-01, 01:56 PM
ah a bit more tuning and my nova will be faster than an ax GT :)

Anonymous
29-08-01, 03:19 PM
I remember drivin past an AX stuck right on a junction @ some lights, 2 blokes lookin sad... we drove past to see his front wheel had fell off and mashed his wing :D hahaha

=======================

Anonymous
29-08-01, 07:02 PM
Nova's are the best looking hatchbacks ...and thats a FACT !!

END OF STORY !!

Don't search, just YELL.com !! :>

Anybody want to advertise their business website??

Anonymous
29-08-01, 08:44 PM
think Chris G's figures are fantasty land jobbies. the 1360 engine isnt used in any of the good saxos and is best injected in the Pug 106 I reckon

B-) Streakers beware: Your end is in sight B-)