PDA

View Full Version : security...

Alpine99
09-07-04, 07:21 PM
having my back window smashed in last night, and me not having an alarm, what alarms have you guys got and is there some sort of way to make sure your audio equipment from not being stolen?

as the bastards took my parcel shelf which had 6x9's in.

any help, thx :)

epo
09-07-04, 07:24 PM
ive always rated clifford alarms

as for securin ur stereo just make sure its fasterned down and the face plate off ur stereo also get it insured

Al Wilson
09-07-04, 07:32 PM
ive always rated clifford alarms

Agree with epo, never given me any trouble and has the all important immobiliser.

Jules
09-07-04, 07:45 PM
Top of the range Cat 1 Toad - been in 3 years and not given me a single problem.
Spend as much as you can afford on an alarm and get it installed by a pro so you can get the Thatcham certificate for a bit of an insurance reduction (if you're lucky)

Philsutton
09-07-04, 07:56 PM
i have a cobra alarm/immobiliser, plus a big f**k off 3 foot iron spanner as back up. :lol:

epo
09-07-04, 08:05 PM
i have a cobra alarm/immobiliser, plus a big f**k off 3 foot iron spanner as back up. :lol:

yeah i have 2 knuckle bars and me brass knuckles for that :lol:

Philsutton
09-07-04, 08:08 PM
im not sure what this spanner is for but its fooking massive like comedy style big, buts heavy an anyone breaking in my car will be greeeted with it.

epo
09-07-04, 08:09 PM
am plzed ive never needed mine like

music junky
10-07-04, 01:48 PM
Look if you have 6/9s in the back get a light hooked up that flashes off and on and make sure there is on in the front as well.
Most people will not nick anything if there is an alarm fitted.
Another way is to make a grill and have it mounted over the speakers so that if they do smash the window ? they wont get to the speakers.
The grill can be put on at night and bolted or pad locked so can be taken off easy in the morning.
Its just a few ideas ive suggested but anyone that sees a light flashing wont know if it is an alarm, the grill can be made with light weight metal and can be a pain to put on and off.
There is lots of ways you can safeguard your property from scumbags, but it will cost a small amount of money.
Another way would be to buy a cheap set of speakers and put them in at night and take your dear ones out at night, having two parcel shelves might be a good idea.
Depends on if the speakers are worth the effort or not ?

Alpine99
10-07-04, 02:37 PM
good ideas there, thx :)

is there anyway that you can "lock" down your amps and boxes? or not?

Adam
10-07-04, 03:24 PM
good ideas there, thx :)

is there anyway that you can "lock" down your amps and boxes? or not?

Bolt them to an MDF floor, or work out some way to padlock them down.

epo
10-07-04, 03:32 PM
or use either tourque screws or anti theft\tamper screws

Freak
10-07-04, 04:36 PM
clifford
dont leave anything on show
dont drive around with it pumping where it gets seen by chavs and they note your registration.
Stealth shelf
as much security as possible- make it hard and they will go elsewhere

music junky
10-07-04, 05:41 PM
Amps in the boot are safe unless someone has clocked your system.
Now if youve heard of indiana jones ? then you know he hated traps.
If someone gets injured in your car nicking your amp ? then he shouldant of been in your boot in the first place.
Just wire up a few little traps for him but remeber to deactivate them before you get hurt.
Im sure you can think of a few traps yourselfs ?
Also have some cages made up to go over the amps subs and have them bolted or padlocked, then take them off when your at a show.
Their not going to messaround trying to get the cages off becouse they will get caught.
Plus make sure they cannot get the boot open by adding a lock on the inside that only you can open from the inside.

epo
10-07-04, 05:56 PM
Amps in the boot are safe unless someone has clocked your system.
Now if youve heard of indiana jones ? then you know he hated traps.
If someone gets injured in your car nicking your amp ? then he shouldant of been in your boot in the first place.
Just wire up a few little traps for him but remeber to deactivate them before you get hurt.
Im sure you can think of a few traps yourselfs ?
Also have some cages made up to go over the amps subs and have them bolted or padlocked, then take them off when your at a show.
Their not going to messaround trying to get the cages off becouse they will get caught.
Plus make sure they cannot get the boot open by adding a lock on the inside that only you can open from the inside.

mouse traps? maybe a big dog in the boot? :lol:

Mel
10-07-04, 09:35 PM
lol..i have a cobra alarm, and think its brilliant. has never let me down, would definately recommend.

i do have to say about the above post tho lol..although it would be great to set up traps like this, you could be looking at proseuction yourself. or a nifty compensation bill if you're unlucky enough :lol:

Jim
10-07-04, 10:01 PM
Some, erm, strange replies there, lol.

Your lucky your car was still there if you didnt have an alarm. Let this be a wake up call.

Stealth shelves are definatley a good idea. The less you have on display the better.

Jim

Mel
10-07-04, 10:18 PM
yeah, Jim, would have to agree with you. although its good to see the 6x9's on show, i know i'd rather have my car intact and them covered/hidden away so they dont know whats in there. Stealth shelf is the future :lol:

Alpine99
10-07-04, 10:52 PM
where is the next best place for a set of 6x9's?

and ive put a bit of MDF and bolted my box down now so thats safe, just the amp can eaisly be unscrewed :(

twim
11-07-04, 12:10 AM
When I had my nova I used chain to chain the seats back so they couldn't be pulled forward as I had 2 subs stolen that way (the suspension strut things are good for threading chain through). I also bolted some chain to the parcel shelf and just pad lock it to the chains connected to the seats then just bolt your sub to an mdf floor. Oh an grind the heads off any screws or bolts you use and mess up the thread after the nut so it cant be taken off.

music junky
11-07-04, 07:00 PM
Ok some wheree funny Mouse traps lol.
You work hard for the things you have then some tw-at nicks em ? You want to keep your equipment from getting nicked so need to have a few ideas up your sleeve.
If you live in an area thats full of thieves ? then you are going to get a visit from them sooner or later, even druggies will sell your amp for a fix and even if its worth ?800 they will sell it for a fiver.

Dont advertise your system by playing loud music in an area that knows you.
Get rid of the stickers saying Alpine becouse thats an invite saying quality audio come and nick me.
When parked up at night take the HT lead out becouse they will never be able to start your car with out it, plus you will hear the silly sod trying to get it to start and then you will have him.
Little things to help you out, imobilsers can be bypassed but not a lot of people carry ht leads for novas.

Philsutton
11-07-04, 07:03 PM
^^ like said above remove something from the engine or disconnect, at least you have time to run and catch them while they are trying to turn it over

Al Wilson
11-07-04, 08:37 PM
Removable steering wheel. Apparently no car has ever been stolen in the country with 1 fitted. Not sure if this is true but why would you steel a car without a steering wheel???

Certainly causes looks when I walk in the pub with my Sparco! :lol:

epo
12-07-04, 07:00 PM
them disclocks are suposed to be brilliant 2

Freak
12-07-04, 08:56 PM
Removable steering wheel. Apparently no car has ever been stolen in the country with 1 fitted.

Rubbish

None have been driven away- but plenty have been lifted.