PDA

View Full Version : Accident

Al Wilson
08-07-04, 10:48 PM
Hi guys

Just writing this because I'm lucky to be alive after a head on collision with another car yesterday evening.

Don't remember much of it but I know five of us in MKIII Fiesta rounded a corner and hit a Mercedes head on. Both cars were written off with most of the passengers of the car I was in suffering whip lash and briuses. I was a passenger in the rear middle seat so had the luxery of a lap belt. I have not escaped so lightly and now have serious internal briusing around the stomach and ribs and in the most pain I've ever been in.

Having great difficultly walking and moving about but theres not much I can do but rest and take painkillers!

I am going to try and get to the National at Wicksteed next weekend but might have to get someone else to drive me there.

The thing that makes it so lucky was we were on a return journey and the one going out we didn't wear the seatbelts... It has been a wake up call to say the least and a mistake I shall never make again even though I do feel ripped in half.

Want to say big thanks to the paramedic and doctors who dealt with us all, you guys were great!

Cheers for your time
Al

badnova
08-07-04, 10:56 PM
sorry to hear that mate hope you get well soon and all goes well
at least it wasnt in your car

-Bruce-
08-07-04, 11:05 PM
again sorry to hear that mate. hope that you get better soon, it does make you think eh??

bruce

Jim
08-07-04, 11:11 PM
Bloody hell Al. Good news that you're all ok. Hope you get better soon.

Jim

cooper_nova
08-07-04, 11:17 PM
$hit al thats bad mate glad ur not
severly hurt(e.g. just come out of icu) hope u get better soon :o

SKoob
08-07-04, 11:27 PM
get well soon, when i saw the title i thought you'd crashed the nova :o

dan_mk1
09-07-04, 12:18 AM

mate sort it out ffs, what does a car matter?! life is more important....glad to hear your ok'ish mate, hope you feel better soon.

jkhilton
09-07-04, 12:35 AM

mate sort it out ffs, what does a car matter?! life is more important....glad to hear your ok'ish mate, hope you feel better soon.

calm down!! he did say he hopes he gets well soon and then mentioned about the car and I am fairly sure Al is probably glad it wasn't in his car aswell!!

hope you have a speedy recovery and take this rest time to figure out more panels to convert to carbon fibre :)

John

nam
09-07-04, 08:15 AM
As dan said i dosnt matter about the car it can be replaced, am glad to hear that your and your mates are ok. get well soon

Nam

Ste_Nova
09-07-04, 09:14 AM
small cars with 5 peeps in are dangerous....

Adam
09-07-04, 10:12 AM
Bloody hell, sounds like a real bad crash and looks like the seat belt saved your life.
At least you survived, if the car didn't.

Rach
09-07-04, 12:03 PM
god, sorry to hear that...

i hope you get better soon and you're not too uncomfortable. good to know that you were all ok though.

Riggy
09-07-04, 01:11 PM
fuckin hell thats bad news but as already said glad your ok and hope you get better soon

Hazel
09-07-04, 03:54 PM
f**k hell thats bad news but as already said glad your ok and hope you get better soon

i'll second that.

skud52
09-07-04, 06:54 PM
jus aswell u wernt in ur car cuz u wunt be out with all that carbon fibre shattering

Al Wilson
09-07-04, 07:03 PM
Thanks guys for all the support, you're all stars!

Just got back from the doctors as the pain was unbearable last night and I haven't slept for 2 days. Apparently all my lower organs were compressed badly in the accident and now are not in exactly the right place! Oh great. Going to be out for about 4 weeks so no carbon work for a while. Lots of time on Novaload so there is some consollation! :D

Thanks again

Al

epo
09-07-04, 07:15 PM
aye hope ur ok mate least it wernt the nova

Mel
09-07-04, 07:56 PM
wow. i am glad you're ok (considering). Hope you thank your guardian angels, cause it sounds like they were definately with you lot.

Get well soon, and hope your mates are all ok. Such a nasty thing to hear about accidents that cause death, so thankfully you are still with us. Its terrible being in an accident, so hope it doesnt effect you too badly in the future (which is what i am now, from an accident last year that wasnt as serious as this lol).

anyway, lol..like i said before, get well soon.