PDA

View Full Version : URGENT door pop kit

tom_beverley
07-07-04, 07:50 PM
i need a kit which will pop my car doors open and i cant find any anywhere! AND Ive got cental lockin on my nova but i dont know whether that can tie into my alarm to make it remote central locking? HELP :cry: Also ive heard that there is a remote door pop kit and a normal 1. I shud only need a normal door pop kit aswell since that shud be able to link to the alarm aswell so it all runs off 1 remote- right??? Any help very much appreciated :)

Alex
07-07-04, 08:47 PM
a remote door locking "kit" is just a normal central locking solenoid that is supplied with a bracket.
I have r/c/l and remote door popping all using central locking motors salvaged from a scrap yard. Havn't had any probs in 2 years.

supernovas01
07-07-04, 09:20 PM
in stock for next day delivery before 12

http://www.corsacentre.com/pages/specialoffersDetails.asp?ProductID=1635

Dave
08-07-04, 10:25 AM
depending on what kind of alarm you have you can do various different things through them.
to make it work you would probably need a plug in feature on the alarm that allows remote central locking to work. so check you have that that first.

as for the solinoid for the door opening
you can get the kits from either twim (off this site pm him), supernovas or as alex said through a scrappy

hope that helps

Ste_Nova
08-07-04, 10:39 AM
why lock the doors of you have no handles?

Alex
08-07-04, 01:17 PM
why lock the doors of you have no handles?
I wanted buttons under my wing mirrors to open the doors

Ste_Nova
08-07-04, 01:32 PM
so just disable the buttons instead of locking the car....

other wise peeps will push the buttons and set the alarm off

Alex
08-07-04, 01:39 PM
:lol: so when ever i get out of the car I have to remove the buttons and all wiring from the mirrors just so i can leave the car unlocked and keep you happy ste?

Ok its a deal

LMFAO

Ste_Nova
08-07-04, 02:35 PM
just make it so when you lock the car it cuts the power to the buttons... we did lancys like this after peeps setting his alarm off at shows by pressing the buttons

Alex
08-07-04, 02:52 PM
I am assuming you used the current that is meant to unlock the car to activate the power to the switches instead, but how did you manage that?

phazer
08-07-04, 03:14 PM
Most alarms have a output that goes either 12v or GND when armed. You can just use that to switch a relay to control the door pop buttons.

Ste_Nova
08-07-04, 03:48 PM
http://www.electrokits.com/img/products/200-big.jpg
This simple board will allow you to switch other electrical devices on and off. Applying any 12 Volt DC signal to the input of the board will energize the relay allowing you to switch on and off higher voltage loads. Features a Diode for Reverse EMF protection, and Screw Terminals for clean wiring connections.

Alex
08-07-04, 03:52 PM
Thanks Ste, exactly what i wanted to know :D

Alex
13-07-04, 01:36 PM
just had a thought. With no locks what will stop someone coming along with a battery,pulling the button out and supplying it with power. Without locks the door will just open.

Ste_Nova
13-07-04, 01:38 PM
just had a thought. With no locks what will stop someone coming along with a battery,pulling the button out and supplying it with power. Without locks the door will just open.

relay cuts power after the button :wink: