PDA

View Full Version : camber again but a valid question

te17@novasgonemad
06-07-04, 09:52 PM
rite ive been talking to dpnova ie.. denny and i like his drop ie.. 60mm but i no about the camber problems i dont want to drill the tops so it will be the smaller bolt but how many do i need 1 for each wheels or two for each wheel and will i need to do the back to cheers agian lads

Philsutton
06-07-04, 09:56 PM
ive just done the rear on mine 2day. We put 3mm washer on the bottom bolts for the stud axle and 1mm on the top. The wheels have a noticable angle to them but the handling is a lot better now. I still have to do the front yet and hopefully it will finish off the handling nicely.

te17@novasgonemad
06-07-04, 09:58 PM
so for the back use std bolt and put a washer between the damper and mount on the axle as such

Philsutton
06-07-04, 10:00 PM
you have the axle then the drum ect bolts on to it with four bolts. The two on the bottom we used 3mm between the drumect an axle and then 1mm on the top

te17@novasgonemad
06-07-04, 10:06 PM
ok yea got u cozz the bac of the drum dont sip of course so u can tilt it !! cheers

for the front do i use one or two bolts per side and these are the ones on the damper base i think

S_Gault
07-07-04, 06:26 PM
such a low drop puts the bottom wishbone at a crap angle. you end up with big changes in camber and tor from full droop to bump (exactly what you dont want).

the only way to sort it is to relocate the bottom wishbone higher.

done this few times.

Steven

Stuart
07-07-04, 06:33 PM
drill the top mounts = nearly free

eccentric top mounts = ?65+vat each

golf camber bolts, im yet to find them new though lol

S_Gault
07-07-04, 10:35 PM
that will sort the camber and is a good working solution but wont alter the wishbone angle or correct the roll centre change that has taken place.

Steven

Stuart
07-07-04, 11:21 PM
bastid, lol now im going to look into moving the TCA up. dam you for putting ideas in my head

Ste_Nova
08-07-04, 09:38 AM
you need to get the tca and lowerarm running near paralell

Stuart
08-07-04, 06:04 PM
tca and lower arm is the same thing isnt it lol