PDA

View Full Version : XE nova Strut brace

Smoki3
06-07-04, 11:56 AM
as above, which make and price that will fit over the xe in a nova

Cheers[/quote]

Dar
06-07-04, 12:41 PM
I have fitted a Sparco one from Demon Tweeks ?36.87+vat and it went on with no problems. However im running throttle bodies BUT it sits 9cm back from the cam cover and then 4.5cm up from there. Looking at a piccy of a standard engine. It does look close. You can always send it back if it doesn't fit (Thats what I was going to do)... Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Smoki3
06-07-04, 04:18 PM
my XE has a power cap and pipercoss air filter

m.d.
06-07-04, 04:21 PM
dar were you at castle coombe a few months ago (centre exit exhaust etc)

sorry to steal the post

Dar
06-07-04, 07:37 PM
m.d. - I was at Castle Coombe on the 12th June. Yup my car has a center exit exauhst, buckets, cage, bits n bobs.

Dar
06-07-04, 07:45 PM
The strut brace is most likley to foul on the plastic bit above the injectors, if anywhere. So it wouldn't matter about the air filter etc because they are not mounted in that area. Sorry I can't be more precise about your partiular setup but i've never had the standard injection on mine.

Voodoo
06-07-04, 10:03 PM
I've got an omp steel adjustable designed for the 1.3 on my xe with powercap.
Can't remember the price though, but it should be easy to find on the net.

Chris
06-07-04, 10:10 PM
the sparco one mentioned above will not fit on an XE that is running the standard SFi box. I dont know of one that will fit but still keeping the SFi box.

Chris

m.d.
08-07-04, 05:45 PM
m.d. - I was at Castle Coombe on the 12th June. Yup my car has a center exit exauhst, buckets, cage, bits n bobs.

thaught i saw you. u really upset some of the big boys toys that day :D

how have you got it to handle so well :o

and for the topic lol. i used an omp strut brace for my mates XE conversion