PDA

View Full Version : SOLEX Locks?

BLueNOvaGSI
06-07-04, 10:09 AM
I received my Solex locks this morning in the post (which I won off of e bay). I just wondered if they were easy to fit? How do I take the original locks out and put these in?

Help!

robb
06-07-04, 10:59 AM
Door locks?

take off door panelling stuff, obviously!

there is a small clip that is on the inside of the door holding lock in,

long flat screwdriver, lever out, take off connecting rod, push through the hole.

Fitting is reverse, easy really.

(Why not get CL system and remove locks?)

Paul
06-07-04, 11:28 AM
Did you get sent the key's too or have you got a 10mm socket at home. lol :lol:

robb
06-07-04, 11:45 AM
Is that supposed to mean that they are sh*te and can be opened with a socket?

Paul
06-07-04, 11:54 AM
u got it in one mate :D

Dave
06-07-04, 01:22 PM
don't forget long nose mole grips aswell!

Adam
06-07-04, 01:59 PM
Did you get sent the key's too or have you got a 10mm socket at home. lol :lol:

Is that true, can they be opened with a 10mm socket, there are hardly high security locks then are they 8)

phazer
06-07-04, 02:14 PM
yeah cos you can get a socket in the circle where the key goes. You twist and the spring pops off the back allowing the lock to move freely and pull the rod to unlock. The same as when someone sticks a screwdriver into a standard lock. :roll: :roll:

Ben
06-07-04, 03:20 PM
there awful.

Mel
06-07-04, 08:36 PM
i swear a couple people said these locks were crap in a post a lil while ago :?

Chris
06-07-04, 09:02 PM
is there any point in getting security locks anyway when it takes about 2 secs to lift the window seal and then another 5 secs to get a coat hanger in and lift the lock up?

Chris

Paul
06-07-04, 10:45 PM
theres no point in doing security like locks, coz as has already been said, window seal off, coat hanger in, theif in....

Why not just save all the little bits you spend on security and get a decent alarm and a steering lock.

When you see a crook lock in a car, you would definitely think twice about stealing it, or if its belongings in the car, use some sense.

Pick your CD Case up, and head unit, wallet, keys, money, cigarettes anything that is worth something to a theif and take them with you!

Stuart
06-07-04, 10:51 PM
ive had solex locks for 3 years. not that bad really

beats paying a mint for a set from a breakers or vauxhall

oh well, no locks or any locking for me in the future ;) un nessecary weight