PDA

View Full Version : four branch for a 1600 gte lump

Jeff16v
06-07-04, 09:11 AM
i have been trying to find a manifold and other than a stainless lexmaul, which i'm told will need adjusting to fit to a magnex system, I cannot find anything else. i didn't want mild steel but would settle for anything just to get the car back on the road.

does anyone know any company that make a four branch for the GTE lump?

Ste_Nova
06-07-04, 09:29 AM
www.motorsportdirect.co.uk do mild steel ones

dunova
06-07-04, 09:44 AM
Apart from s/s manifolds looking nicer it doesn't matter that much lifespan-wise because the manifolds don't rust out like the rest of the system because they are constantly red hot (when the engines runnin!) and water doesn't settle in them (like the back box). So if you're only after a s/s manifold because you're worried about it rusting-it wont, mild steel would be fine :D

Will
06-07-04, 10:30 AM
MS direct (now know as eurorallye)

do a system for a 1300 allthough it says 1600 it wont match a magnex 1600 system the end is very different

www.tuning.co.uk

will sort you out with a suitable one thats where im getting mine!!

will

Al Wilson
06-07-04, 11:40 PM
Got a lexmaul on mine and it did need some 'adjusting' to mate it to the stainless system. Looks nice though under the bonnet. :D

Ste_Nova
07-07-04, 09:21 AM
ms do 1.3 and 1.6 ones...

Jules
07-07-04, 10:40 AM
Magnex used to make thier own stainless manifolds for Nova.

If you find one of them it should join your Magnex system without problems.

Ste_Nova
07-07-04, 11:19 AM
no

there is magnex system for standard downpipe
and magnex system for magnex downpipe

dicko/john hilton will comfirm

Jules
07-07-04, 12:37 PM
Really? Magnex made two different systems for Magnex or standard manifolds!??
Why didn't they just make their Manifold so it exit'ted in the same location as the standard manifold - then you could use just one system!!
Madness!!
:roll: :lol:

Will
07-07-04, 01:05 PM
ms direct 1.3/1.6 are the same and not designed to mate with a 1600 aftermarket system

Aragorn
07-07-04, 05:12 PM
im sure ashley do mild steel ones that are a direct fit for the standard GTE system and i was pretty sure that it was ashley who was doing the OEM work for MSD too

Ste_Nova
08-07-04, 09:38 AM
Really? Magnex made two different systems for Magnex or standard manifolds!??

yes... dicko has pics

Jeff16v
08-07-04, 05:55 PM
Chaps, Will was spot on with the Ashley manifold from www.tuning.co.uk - as my magnex fitted straight onto the original downpipe they claim it shouldn't have a any probs fitting the ashley four branch. Fingers crossed for Saturday when it goes on, but its looking good.

Sounds advice for future is to buy system and manifold at same time, unless your able to stainless weld.

Will - Thanks V much.