PDA

View Full Version : done some more work on the car

benji
05-07-04, 10:25 PM
done some more work on the car over the weekend. i've decided that the rear seats are staying out so i got the grinder outand cut of all the crap i didn't need, then i started painting the rear. it's all done with cans so the quality won't be great be it will be better than it was. it's only half done as i could onlyget 2 cans ofred, i have ordered some more and will finish it tomorrow.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/bencurry/paintrear0002.jpg

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/bencurry/paintrear0004.jpg

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/bencurry/paintrear0005.jpg

nam
05-07-04, 10:32 PM
looks good banji i wont to do this to my 1200 so it will make it go a little bit quicker but its not practical for me. :roll:

i liked the look of you car at ov and got some good pics of it(on the strip as well) as its a change from all the jap kitted cars that were there.

Nam

cooper_nova
05-07-04, 10:37 PM
benji stripped will look good on ur nova!
keep up the hard work mate!

benji
05-07-04, 10:44 PM
looks good banji i wont to do this to my 1200 so it will make it go a little bit quicker but its not practical for me. :roll:

i liked the look of you car at ov and got some good pics of it(on the strip as well) as its a change from all the jap kitted cars that were there.

Nam

glad you like it mate, any chance of sending me the pics you took. that applies to any one else who gotany pics of me.

cheers

ben.

music junky
09-07-04, 09:03 PM
Looks really good mate! Will look cool when its finnished :-)
Nice work and keep it up

epo
09-07-04, 09:13 PM
nice 1 mate looks sound :+:

Mel
09-07-04, 09:19 PM
what was it like spraying with the cans? i find that cans dont like me..lol

looks good so far tho, got anymore pics?

Al Wilson
09-07-04, 09:22 PM
Very nice and clean! Looking good.

benji
10-07-04, 12:53 AM
what was it like spraying with the cans? i find that cans dont like me..lol

looks good so far tho, got anymore pics?

cans don't like me either. ben's tip of the day. leave them in hot water before use, it make's the paint go on better

badnova
10-07-04, 10:18 AM
looking really good mate

-Bruce-
10-07-04, 01:02 PM
:D that looks good ben!! better looking with all the shit for the back seats off!!

bruce

music junky
10-07-04, 01:30 PM
Spraying a car when its cold will make the paint go dull, by warming the paint up it will be like the car has been warmed up first and will still retain its shine.
Also with it being warm it will stick better to the car :-) Its an old trick used by my dad when the heater nackered up and needed to finnish a job in his body shop.

-Bruce-
10-07-04, 01:34 PM
yes hot paint!! when you have a kettle stuck to the botum of the paint tin on your gun!! lol good finish and you dont need thinners, well not much!!

bruce

music junky
10-07-04, 01:56 PM
Look be carefull when warming spray cans up becouse they can exsplode if they get too hot.
Its ok for a spray gun to be warmed up but if you think a spray can has been pressurised ? increseing pressure can make that little ball come out like a gun and kill you.
And if it dosent ? You will be painted from head to toe in base coat lol.
Then you will have to have a clear coat and be buffed to achive a good shine :lol: