PDA

View Full Version : Back Box Any One?

nam
05-07-04, 10:19 PM
right i have just been reading th post in the styling forums about zorsts. my questions are:
1.how much will a 3" s/s or mild/s ashley backbox for a 1200 mk1 cost.
2.do they come out stright or on a silly angle like some other ones.
3.are they VERY loud or are they about right, by this i mean are they really loud on tick over and normal driving but when you go for it they become nice and deep?
4.Are they worth buying and if not what else would you recomend to get? but it cant really be to deer as its only a 1200!lol

thanks in advance, Nam

isrs
05-07-04, 11:05 PM
you can get an ashely, mild steel, there are load i dont now how load compared to others but thery are f*cking loud. mine has come out at a funny angle, pointed down wards.
but it might be cus iv got the whole system, not sure thou. but if it does you can just bend the hook thing.

you can also by universal backbox's like, twin 3", twin 4", 5" and maybe another style, dont now how they come out they might even come out straight but im not sure.

ashley also pop wen de-celerating betwenn 4000 and 5000rpm.

der well good

robb
06-07-04, 09:55 AM
I made one for mine last night from a Micron bike can.

That comes out straight but only cos I welded my own pipe up. You could get a universal one and use some pipe from your old exhaust to tack up a straight exiting one, there is space just need to weld it up.

I'll get some pics up soon.

nam
06-07-04, 06:14 PM
does any one else have any good recomendations?

epo
06-07-04, 09:44 PM
surely if u got it for a mk2 it wudnt come out at a daft angle

Cheeze
06-07-04, 10:28 PM
are u just meaning a back box? if so i have a piper 4" slash cut for sale very cheap, and it comes out straight

nam
07-07-04, 08:06 AM
cheeze will it come out stirght on a mk1 tho

SPL-X
07-07-04, 11:43 AM
I paid 70 quid for a 3" exhaust sounds a treat and they come out straighter than a priest :D think I got it from essexracing website url I cant rember do a search on tinternet :D

Cheeze
07-07-04, 07:44 PM
yes it will, all the xhausts are the same at the rear, come over the rear axle and then into the back box

Barn
07-07-04, 08:21 PM
does any one else have any good recomendations?
get a full SR system like the one I have for sale...

manifold, downpipe, centre section and 4" Rage backbox for ?50

thatll make hell of a difference mate

:+: