PDA

View Full Version : money to spend

Mike.
05-07-04, 09:56 PM
i've got about a ?110 to spen on mods for ma car. the car is vertually standard except new rear lights and colour coding. any ideas? :roll: :) :D

5_door owner
05-07-04, 10:04 PM
give it to me and in return you get 1000+ bhp

(max power stickers)

Mel
05-07-04, 10:08 PM
:lol:

a better set of wheels will do wonders. if you saved up a bit more, alloys would be my choice.

failing that, save for some lowering springs.

sTuDeNt
05-07-04, 10:17 PM
Guys!
Sorry for stealing this post!
Is all the insurance companies bitch about lowering spring and alloys!!! Its f**** rediculous! I had a quote from my mates one they said it is 70 quid more a year to add lowering to your car and it will not be cvered by the insurance! WTF!!!!!

Mel
05-07-04, 11:08 PM
i think what they mean is...the lowering costs more to insure, as they affect the handling of the car, but the kit wont be replaced/bought back etc if you had an accident. sounds reasonable to me.

its like ICE..you can say that you've got ?1K of ice in the car, but some companies will say "we have noted it down, but you're not insured for them". in other words, they wont replace anything that gets damaged/nicked etc from that ice install, unless you agree or get a separate ICE policy.

at least thats what i think you and they meant :?

Dave
06-07-04, 01:46 PM
unless you're going to spend loads on the car get things that can be taken off an sold again when you come to get another car as you will retain more of the money the car will owe you by selling off seperate upgated parts.
other than that check ebay for bargin parts that you might want.