PDA

View Full Version : spliter

newboy2thenova
05-07-04, 07:42 PM
hi all the laguna spliter iv seen on other novas can any 1 tell me how 2 fit 1 and also wot laguna are they off? thnks

Chris
05-07-04, 07:49 PM
the splitters are on all laguna's i think. As for fitting just use self tappers into you original or use small nuts and bolts. It may need cutting though.

Chris

newboy2thenova
05-07-04, 07:52 PM
do the laguna sliters need cuting 2 fit??

epo
06-07-04, 09:52 PM
i think there are to different types of laguna splitters the one i have with the holes in either side at the front and a completly solid one

also yes itll need cuttin (at the edges down) a bit

Jim
07-07-04, 12:32 PM
The last laguna splitter I bought needing cutting in the middle. This is because it has 2 sets of holes near the corners, just before it bends round the side of the bumper. If you dont take a section away from the middle, the holes will bend round the corner and the splitter wont fit as well as it can.

What you'll need to do is take a section out of the middle. You will be left with 2 pieces. Fit it as best as you can to the shape of the nova bumper. Use self tappers as already mentioned. Then when it's fitted, you'll probaly have some of the splitter overhanging the bumper where it goes round the side, simply chop this off.

There are other splitters on the market, and each one seems to have there own way of being fitted to the bumper. There not that expensive (in case you mess it up :))

Good luck

Jim

newboy2thenova
07-07-04, 05:32 PM
thnks for that jim..will i be able 2 fit the laguna spliter to my original nova bumpers are do i need others bumpers like sr/sri/gte/gsi