PDA

View Full Version : Fitted buckets, but..

Ojc
05-07-04, 11:04 AM
There is a awfull lot of movement. I have Cobra Monacos with Cobra Nova subframes, I screwed the front in but the rear where I had to drill the holes seems very loose still and they wobble a lot.

Has anyone else had this problem? What did you do to resolve it?

Cheers

Al Wilson
05-07-04, 12:19 PM
Had this prob to start with, things just didn't fit at all! Gave up with the supposidly direct replacement rails and mounts and had someone weld me some custom frames up. They just bolt straight into the floor now and are a lot stronger.

Ojc
05-07-04, 02:17 PM
I have bolted them in exactly how there supposed to be bolted in but the rear has far to much play in it. When I get around to driving the car I will be going around corners and the subframe will break off the car.

Al Wilson
05-07-04, 03:05 PM
Nothing lined up for me mate either. In my opinion I'd just use the slider/adjuster part and weld it to a made up frame.

Ojc
05-07-04, 04:54 PM
What I think I will do is weld some more bars to the back of the subframe then weld that to rear where the rear seats were (stripped out rear).

Ste_Nova
05-07-04, 05:03 PM
pics?

don't just go welding in random bars

Ojc
06-07-04, 09:40 AM
Yes, I plan to weld the subframes to the roof.

Gazza14SR
06-07-04, 12:11 PM
ive got cobra clubman buckets with slide and tilt subframes.

these are bolted in on the orignal 2 holes at the front of either seat and ive drilled mine at the back through the floor.

i dont have not problems with the seat moving etc. Just banged in some fat washes with a nut and bolt and they're fine.

m.d.
06-07-04, 04:26 PM
i welded two pieces of box section accross from the tunnel to the sill (one for the front and one for the back,) much more solid and helps stiffen up the floor of the nova

i had the same sub frames and when someone crashed into the back of my car they bent so much they were unuseable again.

Ojc
06-07-04, 09:04 PM
i welded two pieces of box section accross from the tunnel to the sill (one for the front and one for the back,) much more solid and helps stiffen up the floor of the nova

i had the same sub frames and when someone crashed into the back of my car they bent so much they were unuseable again.

Got any pics mate?