PDA

View Full Version : Steering wheel woble at, 45mph please help!!!!

az_e11
04-07-04, 11:07 PM
I have a problem, which has recently started occuring, when driving as i get up to say around 45 - 50mph, the car starts to woble, it is felt mainly thorugh the seering wheel, and is nothing to do with when i brake, just happens when i ease of the accelerator, as i start to slow down, an annoying woble.

Please can any one help, what could it be?

Thanks

my car
http://www.novaload.net/features/viewfeature.php?ref=1710

Nick
04-07-04, 11:26 PM
i got a terrible wobble to ! it can be erived from the folllowing things, in my expirience !

Tracking - Hav you hit any rocks or pothole or kirbs ? get your tracking checked because if it's out your wheel will wobble and your tyres will wear unevenly and quickly

Wheel balancing - If u got alloys or new wheels then get the balanced if they havn't been done so,

Wheel spigots - These are like a small rubber ring that goes on your hub and alloy (if u got alloys) my fox wheels made the wheel shake alot untill i put spigots on, all the do is ensure a flush fitting onto the hub.

Wheel bearing - when my wheel bearing was going on the front, it made the wheel wobble, but this was a more general wobble and more of a vibration or shake. You can tell if they're out cos you'l hear a rubbing/whirring sound comeing from one of your wheels when you turna certain way.

Worn inner CV joints - Worn inner cv joints or dmamaged driveshafts can cause the wheel to shake - i'd have thought this would also be a more general wobble

Warped Disks - Warped disks can cause real bad wheel wobble, but especially when braking

think that's most things i ca think off, i've literally had all these things checked and now it's cv joint/driveshaft problems

go to a trye centre and they shud check you tracking for free, i had mine laser aligned and then hit a rock that night - ruined it all, and my wheel, so be careful !

novashed
04-07-04, 11:37 PM
get wheels balnced and your tracking looked at, usual story