PDA

View Full Version : How do I fit central locking to a Nova, using Nova gm parts?

az_e11
04-07-04, 07:17 PM
I am not sure how to fit a standard nova central locking kit to my mk1 Nova, please could any one help!!!!!!!!

And also just got the central locking kit off a mate, but only have 1 of the metal rods that pull the lock pin up and down that connect to the solenoid, just wondered whether i need two of these,, or just 1

dan-hipgrave
04-07-04, 09:20 PM
Mine was a universal kit but i cant see it being much different.

when i did mine i placed the solenoids into place at the bottom of the doors, and connected the rods to the door pins rod, same on both sides.

I then ran the wires into the car - i had a control box type thing that most of the wires went into, after they were connected the wires i had left were earth, which i screwed onto a bolt behind the bonnet pull, and a live feed which i took from the fusebox.

Metromartin
05-07-04, 01:45 AM
If you can remove the complete kit from a scrap Nova, 2 wires (red and black ) clip onto the fuse box and follow the wires.

The Problems are that the bracket that holds the motor on is rivited in and doors that have no electrics in dont have any holes for wires so you will need to make you own.

HTH