PDA

View Full Version : keyless entry

Dave27
04-07-04, 04:59 PM
Ive installed a central locking kit (nikkai 4 door from maplin), which is working properly... but ive come into some problems while trying to install a keyless entry system made by cyclone. according to the instructions there are 6 wires which connect to the central locking system... orange, white, yellow, orange/black, white/black, and yellow/black.

the brain for the central locking module has 8 wires coming out of it... red and black (pos and earth), then green, blue, white, brown, then another white and another brown wire.... according to the box these are the remote wires... ive no idea what the other wires do as ive lost the wiring diagram for the central locking.

ive wired orange and yellow into green and blue, then orange/black and yellow/black into brown and white, then the white and white/black into the other set of brown and white wires.

the way ive got it wired into the central locking at the mo... i have to press lock then unlock to lock the car.... then lock then unlock if i want to unlock it again. if anyone knows how the hell to set this up properly idd appreciate it. or if anyone has a wiring diagram for the maplin/nikkai kit.

Thanks
Dave

stiller_uk
04-07-04, 10:45 PM
I've got the same c/locking kit on my nova, but as far as i remember u only use 2 wires from the c/locking to make them lock and unlock.

There brown and white iirc.