PDA

View Full Version : Fcuking Fuel

General Baxter
03-07-04, 07:28 PM
any of you got a picutre of where the fuel lines go in to the injectors?

on a 1.6i GTE engine

Cheeze
03-07-04, 08:31 PM
what do u mean mate, where the fuel lines join onto the fuel bar?

General Baxter
03-07-04, 08:33 PM
i thats the 1 :)

Cheeze
03-07-04, 08:38 PM
right there will be a silver bar the sits on top of each injector, well in the middle of that is where they join onto it, but its a pain to get at due to the inlet manifold, if u undo the 10mm bolts at each end of bar, u will see it, does that help??

General Baxter
03-07-04, 08:51 PM
is this the fuel pump?

where does it go?
how do i fit it?

http://www.streetrace.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=50697

General Baxter
03-07-04, 09:53 PM
anybody need to know

Cheeze
03-07-04, 10:01 PM
it hangs on the chassis beams at the back of the car, drivers side mate, but u might have to make a bracket up to fit it,

AnThoNYnOvA
03-07-04, 10:02 PM
you know where the injectors are? just look around that its pretty simple...

General Baxter
03-07-04, 10:03 PM
cheeze

where does the leads plug into?

AnThoNYnOvA
04-07-04, 01:27 AM
right you have injectors before it goes into them there is usually a silver (forgot name) box before the injectores your lines go there

rysmee
04-07-04, 04:10 AM
easiest thing to do is start from the begining:
1)Fuel tank, pipe then leads to:
2)Fuel pump (the picture you put up) which is mounted along side the drivers rear chassis leg. This then leads to:
3)Fuel Filter. Pipe then runs length of car up into engine bay into:
4)Fuel Rail(long silver thing), which each injector sits in:
5)injectors
6)fuel pressure regulator (round thing on top of fuel rail)
7)fuel return pipe - runs down back to the the tank.
i beleive that is the cycle the fuel will take.

If you meant the fuel pump, this will have its own relay which is linked to ignition..haynes manual wiring diag should show it.

rysmee
04-07-04, 04:11 AM
easiest thing to do is start from the begining:
1)Fuel tank, pipe then leads to:
2)Fuel pump (the picture you put up) which is mounted along side the drivers rear chassis leg. This then leads to:
3)Fuel Filter. Pipe then runs length of car up into engine bay into:
4)Fuel Rail(long silver thing), which each injector sits in:
5)injectors
6)fuel pressure regulator (round thing on top of fuel rail)
7)fuel return pipe - runs down back to the the tank.
i beleive that is the cycle the fuel will take.

If you meant the fuel pump, this will have its own relay which is linked to ignition..haynes manual wiring diag should show it.

robb
05-07-04, 09:45 AM
I did that conversion on the weekend.

The fuel pump does have some holes for it to fit to, they are the same shape as those little washers that will be rusted solid to the pump, you gotta put them on the holes turn then, then apply pressure to stop them turning and tighten bolt.

Fuel piping is a bitch, you need to do the piping as described in rysmee's reply, tank nr level sender to pump, to filter on tank, to engine, to rail, it'll be the on in the centre of the rail (one is set off to the side and bends to same gap in manifold next to inlet fuel) from return, under car, into the connection nr where the plastic bit ends. (the pump inlet is the larger end and outlet is other side of regulator)

I wired my fuel pump into a spare front fog switch (extra immobiliser!) it's supposed to be brown to an earth and red/black to a relay triggered by switched live if you have the GSi dash and fuse box I would imagine it to be there, I just put it to a switch cos it was easy to do.

You managed to wire the loom into car loom yet? Good Luck

I got a non sparking coil at the mo!