PDA

View Full Version : mk2 SRi seat swap into mk2 merit

Metromartin
03-07-04, 01:41 AM
Hi all :D

Today attempted to fit some very smart red and grey mk2 SRi seats to a standard interior in a 1.4i merit, firstly fitted the sun visors which are very very smart and light up :D, Next door cards which were fine apart from the winder hole is larger so need a larger winder, dam left the SRi ones didn't think thered be different :?:

Next then are the seats, the SRi seat have a much better sliding adjusted and has a different mouting device compaired to the merit, did I miss something from the scrap SR when removing the seats?

Anyway was a so gutted that the SR seats didn't fit and the merit seats are terrible i replaced the backs and the seat covers onto the orignal merit seat and mounts just to get them in for the time being, bodge i know but a good one :D the SRi seats have strenghing bar in the sides which the merit ones dont which is another smart upgrade but using the original bottom part of the seat with the SRi cover means the bottom sides are not supported.

Also havn't fitted the rear seat yet as its a 60/40 and the merit one is a one piece, do you need the center mount welded in to fit the 60/40 properly? Can anyone tell me how they fitted 60/40 into a car with a one piece rear seat

TIA

Martin

Seats inplace: -

http://img46.photobucket.com/albums/v141/metromartin/SRi_interior.jpg

Doner nova :)

http://img46.photobucket.com/albums/v141/metromartin/nova_scrap.jpg

Matt Nova
03-07-04, 03:09 PM
I've fitted SR seats into my 1.2. Rear seats don't sit flush as seat behind driver has a metal fastening for the old style seat. You'll need the new seats subframe I thinks to make the fronts fit .

Metromartin
05-07-04, 01:50 AM
There totally different, the old seats have 4 bolts and the front with a kinda U clip over the front seat support bar and the SRI has 2 bolts that hold the front of the seat in,

The rear sliders are completely different, the SR seats are much better sliding system but dont fit, went back to the scrapyard to have a look but the SR had been crushed so couldn't look at the mounts :@ That SR was there a day!

Martin

Ste_Nova
05-07-04, 02:54 PM
when swapping from standard to sr seats, don't split the sr seats from the sub frames, i've lost count of peeps making this mistake

for the rears the back bit will just bolt onto the seat belt fixing

the base will need welding

Metromartin
12-07-04, 08:29 PM
Hi,

Whats wrong with spliting the seats? The bottom part is like fitting a seat cover that fits :D

Can the SR runners be fitted to a standard basic interior Nova?

TIA

Ste_Nova
13-07-04, 09:41 AM
Hi,

Whats wrong with spliting the seats? The bottom part is like fitting a seat cover that fits :D

Can the SR runners be fitted to a standard basic interior Nova?

TIA

i ment don't unbolt the seats from the sub frames

yes they can the floor of the car is the same