PDA

View Full Version : radar/laser detectors

dan-hipgrave
02-07-04, 10:54 PM
I am looking into getting one of these so what are the ones to get and what sort of features should i be looking out for when getting one.

I have been looking at a Cobra ESD 9100, with loads of technical stuff that means nothing to me..what ones do people on here use?

Dave27
05-07-04, 07:09 PM
ive got a snooper s6R neo. Hasn't failed me yet. Has GPS which tells u about all the fixed speed cameras, and a seperate radar/laser detector module which keeps an eye out for the bastard on the bridge.
well worth the money, and id reccomend to anyone.

dan-hipgrave
05-07-04, 07:14 PM
cheers for that mate, how much was it - ive seen some going for about 50-60 quid and some going for near ?400, and they all claim to be the same, well they obviously aint so what are the diferences?

Chris
05-07-04, 07:21 PM
the more expensive ones use gps as stated above, and you can update them on the net so you keep up to date with all the camera's. Easy way to stop getting done for speeding is not to do it. Save it for a track imo

dan-hipgrave
05-07-04, 07:24 PM
yeh i know but everybody speeds at some point, and with all the hidden cameras around i would just like a warning in advance...

sTuDeNt
05-07-04, 10:13 PM
VERY TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

Dave27
06-07-04, 12:34 PM
its more for the 20 and 30 limits that its usefull. as you can so easily slip up to 40 and get 3 points.

i had a cheap 50 quid radar detector once and it rarely found the cameras... and if it did, then by the time id got the warning the camera would have got me. also i had tons of false alarms.... traffic lights set it off, and all sorts.
imo if you want a radar detector thats actually going to help you steer clear of points you need to spend a bit of money.
check out http://www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk they have reviews of all the most popular ones including plain detectors, gps, and jammers. and tons of info on speed traps in general.

dan_mk1
06-07-04, 01:27 PM
the more expensive ones use gps as stated above, and you can update them on the net so you keep up to date with all the camera's. Easy way to stop getting done for speeding is not to do it. Save it for a track imo

says the person who has his nova going off the clock in his avatar?! :wink: :lol: