PDA

View Full Version : STORM SINGLE WIPER CONVERSION KIT

ChrOniC
02-07-04, 02:06 PM
I recently purchased a Storm single wiper conversion kit, it cost me ?87, I was quite suprised to find how little you got for so much, and how flimsy the actual wiper is for the price! Also I couldnt get the mechanism to make the wiper do a full 180 degree wipe....after much deliberating, and painful fiddling, I rung stormwipers up only to find the wiper kits for nova's actualy do not make a full 180 but more of a 150-160 degree wipe, which is totaly opposite to what the box said!! this is due to the fact the motor for the mechanism is totaly seperate to the spindle that holds the wiper, hence this is where the linkage comes into place. I have come to the conclusion that the single wiper kits for the nova's, although they may look nice, are not actualy worth the time nor the effort and certainly not the money put into them, stick with your standard wipers if theres nothing wrong with them, unfortunatley my whole wiper system died, this is why i got the single conversion.

Alex
02-07-04, 02:09 PM
or mod your existing T piece for free and make your own single wiper conversion which you can decide on the wiper coverage yourself

Jim
02-07-04, 02:32 PM
I bought a Storm wiper kit and have had no problems with it. Ok, it doesn't do a full 180 degree wipe, but it wipes enough of the screen for me.

Sorry to hear you feel like you've been ripped off, suppose it's one of those things when it comes to modifying.

Jim

M_U_T_A_N_T21
02-07-04, 07:39 PM
also have a storm wiper conversion on mine and i prefer it to the standard wipers it clears the screen fine for me never had any problems with it works well and looks cool does any1 know what to do to make it sit upright

http://www.novaload.net/images/car_images/1909big.jpg

Barn
02-07-04, 10:35 PM
got one to go on my next motaa

?35 i paid...which I was quite happy with

beatin u
03-07-04, 12:21 AM
uno wiper motor/mechanism ?5