PDA

View Full Version : o.k will it work

5_door owner
01-07-04, 07:52 PM
had an idea.

if i buy a 1l or 1.2 nova and insure it fully comp with a drive anythin policy, and build a 2.0l 16v turbo nova that i only want to use on weekends will i be legal to use it on the insurance???

im 16 atm and want to build a decent LET project that i can use on track's and at the pod when i pass my test. so question is will i be legal???

Stuart
01-07-04, 07:55 PM
the vehicle that you drive under anydriver (which at 17 GOOD luck to find lol i cant even get that at 23 5yrs ncb) must be insured aswell.

dont be a gimp. just wait until you can afford to run a project like that

Freak
01-07-04, 08:15 PM
yes.
IF:

-the turbo is registered in someone elses name
-the turbo is insured by someone else under a different policy
-Your own policy on the 1.0 or whatever is fully comp and gives you entitlement to drive other cars third party. This is not automatic, and you will pay through the nose for it being 17 anyway.

Insurance companies arent daft

dan_mk1
01-07-04, 08:31 PM
im 16 atm and want to build a decent LET project that i can use on track's and at the pod when i pass my test. so question is will i be legal???

is that before or after you kill yourself in it?!

epo
01-07-04, 08:41 PM
if it were me personally i wudnt be able to wait till weekend to drive the valver id want to be out in it all the time and id not want to touch the 1.2 + miss the power of the valver when drivin it

Mel
01-07-04, 09:12 PM
i wouldnt bother tbh.

i cant get a policy that allows me to drive another car at 19, so i doubt you will be at 17.

i'd get some experience before you even THINK of driving a let, i mean, jesus, i've been driving about in a 1.2 for the past two years gettin the experience. the highest powered car i've drove (properly) is a 1.4 and even i was a lil bit too accelarater happy on that..

get more experience and NCB behind you on a low power car before you even think about owning/driving about a powerful car. it'll be worth the wait.

martweaver
02-07-04, 02:40 PM
When you get the any other car cover, in most cases you can only drive other cars with the same engine size or lower!! so that would'nt work :( . I was thinking of doing the same thing about 5 years ago. :wink:

Oh - and I am 25 this month and I still can't get the any other car cover!!!

Breeny
02-07-04, 02:49 PM
Only companies I know of that do that under 25 are CIS (Any age) and HIC (21+)

I have it.. the guy didn't say there was anything I couldn't drive but obviously would have to check up on that.

I know someone on here that used to do it.. will point him in this posts direction..

martweaver
02-07-04, 03:16 PM
I'm with HIC now, will have to check up on that. To be fair I've never asked for it

Hmmmmmm

Breeny
02-07-04, 03:22 PM
I specifically asked the guy because last year there was a few occasions that it would have been really helpful..

Just had an email from Andy/Wisewood.. he says hes insured with Tesco and has the drive any car thing written into his policy. He's not 25 till next year so would be worthwhile checking with them too :)

~~joycey~~
02-07-04, 03:46 PM
how much dose a pass plus knock it down?

Jim
02-07-04, 04:39 PM

is that before or after you kill yourself in it?!

Agreed!

Jim

dan_mk1
02-07-04, 04:42 PM
how much dose a pass plus knock it down?

i got around 500 off....but i was paying 2 grand at the time....whats with the gay sig!?

geordie_racer
02-07-04, 05:06 PM
cis will let you drive any car at any age, it's part of there standard policy, i was 3rd party fire/theft at 17 and used the clause to drive all sorts as my mate owns a luxury car company dealin with ferraris n other stuff so it came in useful,

but as above the car has to be registered in some1 elses name(easy get around just register it to your parents)
insured(as above aint gona cost much to pay your parents insurance on a valver nova for a year)
the cover is only 3rd party

chris

smitty5door
04-07-04, 11:12 PM
yes it will work but i wouldnt do it if i was u

Mike.
07-07-04, 06:03 PM
WHAT?

Snowface
08-07-04, 01:05 AM
cis will let you drive any car at any age, it's part of there standard policy, i was 3rd party fire/theft at 17 and used the clause to drive all sorts as my mate owns a luxury car company dealin with ferraris n other stuff so it came in useful,

but as above the car has to be registered in some1 elses name(easy get around just register it to your parents)
insured(as above aint gona cost much to pay your parents insurance on a valver nova for a year)

chris

drive any car on standard tpft policy at 17?!

the name geordie racer isn't inspired from an old kids tv learning program about a lad who races pigeons is it?

jkhilton
08-07-04, 05:35 AM

chris

Are you sure about that? I thought it was only Fully Comp cover that allowed you to drive other cars, or a traders policy, not TPFT. Have you still got a copy of the certificate???

Ste_Nova
08-07-04, 09:53 AM
if it were me personally i wudnt be able to wait till weekend to drive the valver id want to be out in it all the time and id not want to touch the 1.2 + miss the power of the valver when drivin it

i had my 1.0 and 2.0 16v on the road at the same time for a few months... i was allways using the 1.0 cause it was disposable :lol:

bopper
08-07-04, 12:29 PM
I can drivin any other vechicle but im 25 and im stil playing far to much for the privelge

epo
08-07-04, 07:43 PM

i had my 1.0 and 2.0 16v on the road at the same time for a few months... i was allways using the 1.0 cause it was disposable :lol:

yeah but the amount of 2.0's uve probably done there expendable too :wink: :lol: :lol:

geordie_racer
09-07-04, 05:57 PM
yeah im sure, checked it with the police and insurance company as i used if for ages to drive my sisters car when mine died

chris