PDA

View Full Version : Steam Cleaning ?

GOZ
01-07-04, 02:17 PM
Hi i have had my engine on my 1.4 sr steam cleaned recently and was wondering would this make it my car run really badly. Im asking this question because i have just taken it out for the first time since it was done and it is running really badly seems to have hardly any power especially in first. It used to be really quick in every gear now it just struggles. There a slight hill near me which i used to cruise up easily in 4th today it was really struggling and i had to drop it down a gear could this be due to the steam cleaning or does it sound like something else cheers.

robb
01-07-04, 02:21 PM
Yeah it will take a few miles to clear residue water from engine components and also the main bit is the dizzy cap, this always works poorly after water contact. Get some WD40 in there to displace the water. Also in all plug leads and king lead and all electrical connections while u are there.

GOZ
01-07-04, 02:27 PM
cheers i will try that out. I was just worried incase it was something serious but i was told it might run poor for a while just didnt think it would be this bad lol.

Ste_Nova
01-07-04, 03:05 PM
you should steam the engine when it's hot.... then take it for a good run to dry it out