PDA

View Full Version : compromise . . .

Anonymous
04-09-00, 08:39 AM
ok u-lot, please put an end to a long dispute between my fiance and I. Basically, we're getting hitched next year and have just begun to live tog' in Edinburgh - fine so far . . . only problem being is that we both have cars,and we can really only afford 1 (sound familiar to anybody yet!). We both own novas; her's - a J reg 1.4SR (bog standard, but reliable so far) mine - A reg 1.3SR (tuned and modified lovingly for the last 5 years, my only ever motor, serves me v.well, but likes to brake down now and again)

She hates my car and has agreed as a compromise that we should sell both cars and get a 2.0L(turbo?)nova. . .
This is my dream of course as with every novabod, but I love my trusty rusty which only needs a new gearbox and twin 40's to achieve full potential.

Am I being a complete muppet? - or has/is anyone else in the same boat, - sorry for the screed but 'I can't get no sleep !!!'

Anonymous
04-09-00, 12:59 PM
lol I could understand how you'd love to keep your 1.3SR with it being your first car and all, so you'd get attached... :) But, when ya missus says 'Oi, lets get a 2.0 turbo'd nova' you really do have to say YESSSSS!!!!!!!! Not everyday your missus says you can have a fast car, nevermind a kickass turbo'd beastie :)

I'd go with the Turbo ;) You'll always have the memories of ya old SR... just think of the future and the super performace u'll get with that niice biiig 2.0 turbo which you can stroke and caress... hehe ;)

Also, DUMP VALVE alert!!!!! w00p :)

Anonymous
04-09-00, 07:18 PM
what u have still got your 1st car? my first car (nice nova it was) lasted all ov 2 days!

Anonymous
04-09-00, 10:53 PM
only have one thing to say

"Vroooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmm, Tshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Anonymous
05-09-00, 07:43 AM
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,
when u put it like that. . .

cheers lads!