PDA

View Full Version : NOVA 1.5td tuning

DirtyDave
30-06-04, 02:59 AM
i've jst bought a beltin 1.5td and its fairly quick for what it is but is there anything that can be done to make it go quicker? i no its a diesel and i no i should have bought a petrol for speed but it was very cheap.
Any advice welcome!

ydg27
02-07-04, 08:10 PM
right dude, where do we start, check out my old car
http://www.novaload.net/features/viewfeature.php?ref=1226

raise boost, induction cone on turbo inlet, raise fuelling, intercooler or even charge cooler, port and polish head, and something i am really getting into is nitrous, works amazingly well on diesels and all you have to do is use dry shot because the injectors will provide the extra fuel, and you can put in the same amount of nitrous as the diesel engine power.
have fun

Aragorn
03-07-04, 12:28 AM
so how exactly do u get a mechanical injection pump to inject more fuel when on gas?

ydg27
03-07-04, 09:59 AM
there is a max fuel screw on the side of the pump, just turn her in a lil bit and it increases on boost fuelling

DirtyDave
03-07-04, 01:49 PM
kool thanx guys where wood i b able to get an intercooler from? any ideas

DirtyDave
03-07-04, 02:12 PM
how do i wind the boost up? :? i've neva worked on a turbo b4 so its all ney to me. :oops:

te17@novasgonemad
03-07-04, 04:01 PM
intercooler spk to rs as he has loads but an audi tt one is the best for the job..
for the boost there is a little pipe going from the turbo unit to a mushroom shaper actuater which is basicaly mounted on the turbo to ,,
cut the siliconey type of hose that joins then up and stick in a bleed valve(bacically a t piece thatreleases pressure from the pipe making the turbo think its spinning slower :)
i have just done it on mine :( and it did shit all i.e. no extra bost given and i even took the pipe off completely so it wud do a super boost but no joy . I think that is because my dump valve is letting out pressure at revs tho as thespring aint strong enough
if u need help spk to ydg27 as hes taught me loads but if u cant get him ie his not on much then give me a buz or private message. + i have msn for an instant answer

ydg27
05-07-04, 11:16 AM
iza hear bhass,
i think the most likely candidate for your reluctant boost is your d/v take the vacuum pipe off the top of it and rev her up hard so she boosts, get someone else to look at the diaphragm or piston to see if it is pushed up, if it is save for a blow off valve these can take virtually anything you can throw at them and sound the bomb too