PDA

View Full Version : Where does this wire in the loom of the X16XE go?

Ojc
29-06-04, 08:04 PM
Its a blue wire with a red tracer (pick up wire) now the bloke doing my conversion said it has to be used to wire the immobiliser in (I have transponder and chip)

Does anyone have any idea where it goes?

mowgli
29-06-04, 08:52 PM
i thought blue/red was for the injection pressure pump (at rear by tank)

Ojc
30-06-04, 10:17 AM
TTT

Ste_Nova
30-06-04, 01:24 PM
thick red/blue = fuel pump
thin red/blue = speed sender

Ojc
06-07-04, 09:10 PM
Right, more detail.

This wire is in the loom of the X16XE, it goes to the transponder for the immobilser then back out again, but where does it go from the transponder?

Ojc
10-07-04, 11:40 AM
TTT

geordie_racer
10-07-04, 04:11 PM
if i remember right its the fuel pump wire, and the transponder imboilises the furl circuit so the engine won't start so it either goes to the fuel pump or to a switched live, check the wire at the fuel pump and trace it back, if its not connected to anythin it goes to the transponder otherwise the wire needs connecting to a switched live, which is black and prob best done at the fuse box or ignition barrel

hope that helps
chris

Ojc
11-07-04, 08:38 PM
Thanks for the reply

So a switched live would mean putting 12 volts through it?

I thought the wire is meant to get power when the ignition is on but not 12 volts. Unless the transponder converts it. I don't wanna try that incase it fucks the transponder though?

geordie_racer
12-07-04, 04:56 PM
yeah switched live woul mean puttin it to 12v thats onl on with the ignition, did you check it doesn't go to the fuel pump? am very sure it will have to go 12v at some point, if its the fuel pump it will prob provide the 12v to the fuel pump

chris