PDA

View Full Version : BOLT ON AIR FILTER

LANKYPASS
29-06-04, 01:59 PM
im thinking of gettin a bolt on air filter for my 1400 nova. i been told that it will give me a bit more bhp and torque, along with a nice growling sound.
i aint got that much experiance on engines :? and gud you let me know if any of these statements are true.

it just sounds like a cheap mod with some ok advantages.

thanx peeps

dunova
29-06-04, 02:20 PM
Definately worth getting mate-lets your engine breath easier, putting more air in and therefore more fuel in. Might be a good idea to have your carb re-jetted though if you put it on (a ?50 machine tune up at a garage). It will 'growl' abit on its own, but with a performance backbox or full system it will sound sweet :D
Hope that helps

maxpaine
01-07-04, 02:21 AM
i do not think it will puto more gas
the mixture will be much ritcher but not more fuel, a little but i didnt notice nothing, i noted that i make mor kilometers whit the same fuel

dunova
01-07-04, 08:49 AM
If the carb is getting more air in it WILL need to be re-jetted coz otherwise your mixture will be out. Its not injection therefore it won't adjust things accordingly on its own. If you dont have it re-jetted you will not be feeling the gains that a performance air filter can give and if anything your performance will be down abit.

Elthrin
01-07-04, 11:47 AM
What the hell is the point of getting your carb re-jetted??

Is there not just a mixture screw?

dunova
01-07-04, 12:06 PM
Well obviously there is a mixture screw but you're not goin2 get it a spot on-a machine would

robb
01-07-04, 12:12 PM
It will make a nice deep throaty sound, even with a std exhaust.

I never rejetted mine and only noticed minimal increase, it passed the MOT with it so it mustn't have changed the mixture too much.

BUT if you want performance get it rejetted, my mate has a 32/34 on his and went well but had to be rejetted to pass MOT, it doesn't go as well now.

P.S. Just keep the old jets when they are changed for MOT purposes.