PDA

View Full Version : secret bonnet pull

Potswalker
29-06-04, 12:30 AM
hey. my car is completely de-locked and im worried about leaving my lights on and running my battery down and not being able to get into my car.can i rig up a secret bonnet lift so i can connect jump leads if the battery goes flat?

benji
29-06-04, 01:00 AM
the way to do it is leave some leads to your centarl locking below the car, behind a wheel arch or side skirt. the if your battery dies you can hook up a 9v square battery so you can still activate the central locking with your remote

broody
29-06-04, 01:51 AM
you can remove the front grill on mk2 without opening bonnet and then reach ur hand to the right of the middle bar and pull the wire down and it'll open your bonnet, saved me many a time!

Potswalker
29-06-04, 10:34 AM
my front grille didn't have any fittings so i've screwed it in and flushed over the screws. it's not coming out again unless i take a hammer to it! might have to look into the wires to the central locking. if anybodies done it and has any tips let me know. cheers

robb
29-06-04, 01:16 PM
You would be better off putting some leads hidden somewhere as benji said.

There was a post about this before and the conclusion was to run some wires for the battery to somewhere out of sight, that way you can just connect a battery to those and open as usual. Also you can't break in as it is just like having a full battery connected and using the alarm to open it.