PDA

View Full Version : Nova 1.2L Versus Fiesta 1.1

tetley
28-06-04, 05:39 PM
I cant decide which motor to get rid of, ive got 3 at the moment, but one of these two has to go, the nova is on an h plate and the festa on a G. Both are have around 90 k on the clock but the nova has a little more rust around the rims which novas are prone too anyway.

Probably silly asking a question on a nova site, but does anyone have a non biased opinion. I hardly use either so its a tough choice!, but we need two cars for when me and my partner are both out

dan_mk1
28-06-04, 05:52 PM
:roll:
another great post from tetley!

jkhilton
28-06-04, 05:53 PM
it depends on which one is more reliable really. keep the one that is less likely to break down.

John

Mel
28-06-04, 08:26 PM
depends which you prefer, im sure you have one that you feel a lil bit more for (i've got both 1.1 fester and 1.2 nova and love the nova more).

practical considerations:

nova, rusty..where theres one bit of rust, there will surely be other bits. therefore, will prolly need a lot of welding work anyway in the future (can u afford this/do it urself?). if you aint wantin welding work, then this is the one to go.

fester: as its 1.1, cheaper insurance n petrol than nova..although there aint much difference between them insurance money wise..

sup to you tho. i'd choose the nova..but then thats only cause i love um so much :?

HEVY-nova
28-06-04, 08:54 PM
LOL

_JH_
28-06-04, 10:07 PM
lol. get your fiestas over a pit and you'll soon see the mk3 rusts just as badly as a nova if not worse. haven't your arches fallen off after slamming a door yet? there old hatches. they rust. as jkhilton said pick the most reliable.

Mel
28-06-04, 10:28 PM
my old E-reg mk2 1.1 fester hasnt got any rust underneath. only bit of rust is on the bonnet and where the car was repaired (badly) from an accident over 5 years ago..

and, no..the arches havent fallen off after slamming a door.

_JH_
28-06-04, 10:51 PM
mk3

he talked about a g reg, i assumed you thats what you were on about when you said you had one.

mk2 fiestas are surpringly good on rust. I've had a couple. keep an eye on the front chassis rails in the middle, they often go where they bend upwards.

I had a silver mk1 with chrome bumpers and blue interior too, that was awesome but the rust beat me. i'd love another.

Mel
28-06-04, 10:59 PM
lol, no i was on bout the mk2. i personally dont like the mk3's...think they are too round (prolly why i dont like corsa's as well either lol)

I'd prolly get rid of the Fester tho TBH.

SKoob
28-06-04, 11:52 PM
i expect the filler cap surround is non existant on that mk3 fiesta :lol:

andyrs1800
29-06-04, 08:14 AM
Late fiesta's are fine, they have a fuel flap and they dont rot like the early ones, the 1.1 engines are complete shite they just burn oil for fun, neva had a 1.1 fez but a few of my mates have and believe me they are crap,
I say get a 1.2 nova, they have bloody good engines, I had a 1.2i spin for my first car, they are also cheaper to insure than a 1.1 fez... :roll:

snapper
29-06-04, 08:54 AM
just remember what ford stands for: Fix Or Repair Daily

that'll make your mind up :wink:

Mel
29-06-04, 12:53 PM
Late fiesta's are fine, they have a fuel flap and they dont rot like the early ones, the 1.1 engines are complete s**t they just burn oil for fun, neva had a 1.1 fez but a few of my mates have and believe me they are crap,
I say get a 1.2 nova, they have bloody good engines, I had a 1.2i spin for my first car, they are also cheaper to insure than a 1.1 fez... :roll:

i'd have to disagree with you totally on that (in not trying to start an argument tho). My 1.1 fester has better oil economy than my 1.2 nova. put it this way, the fester only needed one big tub of oil over the year that i had it...my 1.2 nova needs one tub every month or so. :roll:

but for someone that has never owned one, you cant really judge on how crap they are. i loved my lil fester, still do, and believe me it is seriously more reliable than my 1.2 nova. the insurance was over ?90 cheaper, and got more miles to the gallon. It also never broke down on me, but my current nova has had a few niggles that HAVE caused me to not be able to use the car for a number of days.

on a final note, my E-reg (1988) fester is rust free (except already explained). however, my J-reg (1991) nova has plenty of it...plus my old 1.2i nova Luxe+ also let me down a few times. :roll:

tetley
29-06-04, 02:28 PM
thanks for all the help i think i will prob keep the nova, it has been slightly more problem free. MOT's ahve always been cheaper, its just i was more concnerned about the novas rust

andyrs1800
29-06-04, 05:52 PM
Please notice i have a fiesta,

My 1.2i nova used no oil at all, every single person i know that has had a 1.1 fez has had to put oil in every week, but sayin that i neva drove it hard so thats why my engine didnt leak oil... No idia,

Mel
29-06-04, 07:29 PM
Please notice i have a fiesta,

My 1.2i nova used no oil at all, every single person i know that has had a 1.1 fez has had to put oil in every week, but sayin that i neva drove it hard so thats why my engine didnt leak oil... No idia,

then you must be very lucky. i've never known a car that didnt use even a little bit of oil...

also, you said you never owned a 1.1 fester, so im giving you the proof from someone that DOES own one. your mates prolly do thrash the arse out of them, so thats prolly why they use that much oil.

on a lighter note, tetley, good choice on the nova...but i would say that, i love um to bits :lol:

tetley
30-06-04, 01:34 PM
my 1.2 did need quite a bit of oil, but to be honest, i dont think it really holds that much.

Decided last night the festa is going in the Ad trader!