PDA

View Full Version : Fairground ride!

Anonymous
13-08-01, 11:14 AM
I`ve done close to 1200miles since my engine rebuild last week, so last night I really started letting rip. I was taking people for a blat up the road one at a time to show them how quick a 1600 can be. The first few journeys were un-eventful, just accelerating upto about 120mph slamming on the breaks, turning round and coming back, and everyone was impressed with how rapidly it got to those speeds.

My last passenger begged and begged for a ride so we proceeded to do the same, and he seemed fine, asking questions and saying "bloody hell you`re still in 4th!". We got to the point to turn round and waited for some bell end in a BMW to pull out. Whilst waiting I spotted a Mitsi Lanser Evo 6 piss of down the country lane we were waiting at.

I waited another couple of seconds and said "hold on!" I screamed through each gear and came flying up behind him to which I knew I`d get a reaction! He did nothing at first, then all of a sudden he screwed it open and the car squirmed and twisted all over the place. I was ready for this as I had held it at 4500rpm in third so I reacted straight away. He was quicker than me and I don't deny this, but the gap he pulled was minimal (he didnt have the added weight of a passenger either) as we headed towards 110 along this narrow lane. It was all over after a few seconds as we headed through town stickin to the limit and after that he refused to go for it but he made a real point of slowing down to look at what had given him a hard time. Needless to say, he was a bit miffed!

All seemed fine, but when we got back, the lad in me car mumbled somthing to his friends as we got out and went running inside. I thinks me scared him!

I just thought I`d post this amusing story to get some interesting discussions going. :D

=\_____
=/__|__\_
=|(_)___(_)] "Q/ (Squirrel)

Whoopass! :D

The original footer, not a cheap immitation!

Anonymous
13-08-01, 11:23 AM
I have got a m8 thats got a supposidly quick xr2, i took him out in mine and now he wants a GTE the same as mine. I love showing the F**d boys that the power of the griffin never dies :D

Ease Yourself Back Into Conciousness !!!!!
:D

Anonymous
13-08-01, 12:19 PM
ive never ever scared anyone have i MC ;)

Anonymous
13-08-01, 01:40 PM
im not complaining, BUT (well i am) although everybdoy to a degree speeds, and i know you didnt speed through town. But you all moan when you get stereotypical comments about boyracers in novas. I remember a post bout this lad that was razzing up and down a street and you were all saying how sad it was.

im not just getting at peeps on novaload, cos i dont want to get banned, but in one sense your saying its twats that do it, then you go and do it yourself.

Tis hypocritical.

like i say im sorry mc for putting a downer on the post but, i wanted to say it. i got nothing against you, just how bad would u feel if you knocked a kid over at 120mph.

dats all.

:(

Anonymous
13-08-01, 01:56 PM
I take your comments on board. I can see where u are coming from and totally agree that there is a time and place for speed. You will hardly ever catch me going over 20mph through our local town coz I know how easy it is for a mistake to happen. The road I am talking about is a Major section of single lane carriageway on the A10 without a house or any form of pedestrian activity for miles and there is good alround visibility and no blind corners, so I feel confident that this is one of those areas that speeding in a capable car is likely only to cause damage to myself and my CONSENTING passengers. I say consenting coz they were in the car for the sole purpose of seeing how fast it was. Finally if you ask anybody that knows me, you will find that I am deep down a sensible driver. I will not overtake unless there I am 100% positive it is safe to do so and I dont burn up and down town roads. I predict situations and if there is an element of doubt in my mind, I listen to it. I definately do not do things like burnouts and handrake turns.

Thanks for your coments.

=\_____
=/__|__\_

Anonymous
13-08-01, 01:56 PM
Feel bad??? I'd say so - the engine's only just been fixed!!!....
Chortle!!

I live in the stix and I've never heard of any kid being hit out on country lanes plus there's not a lot of traffic or peeps about so you can't really compare it with urban situations where I would agree with u Davo

Anonymous
13-08-01, 02:03 PM
P.s. I dont deny I`m a boyracer, I brag about it!

=\_____
=/__|__\_

Anonymous
13-08-01, 02:07 PM
lol ask ste about saturday night then lmao

how does 140mph in a skyline r33 v spec with nitrous, and a certain nova 16v all racing for loaded magazine - sept issue!

Anonymous
13-08-01, 02:31 PM
:)

Anonymous
13-08-01, 02:40 PM
Must have been something in the air Saturday or something....I went to look at that GSi I talk about in my book on the For Sale forum, and I went with my mate John for support, and a second opinion. Anyway, afterwards we made a day of it, and that night he took me for a spin in his XR3i.....I know, it's Ford, but before you take the piss, it's a fast as fook (not quite Valver territory though!), and he scared me shitless down the back lanes!!!

He was probably not going much quicker than I drive, but it's totally different when you're a passenger!!! I'm just glad I had the support of the Turbo Recaros :D (I want those seats!)

We also had fun taking the piss out of Saxo boys too....it was laughable how many boys we saw in shitty standard saxos, trying to race hehehehe.....oooo, how I feel sorry for 'em :D One of John's mates spent ?6K grand buying a Saxo, and he instantly lost all respect from his mates lol! Just think what you could do to a Nova with ?6K :O

I'm glad you cleared up what Davo was saying....the whole driving like a twat thing......I hate nobs racing up and down roads too, but like you say...it was a quiet, wide hi-visibility road, miles away from people, so that's ok ;) You'd never see me going fast in town like you say.....I've got the back-lanes and wide bypass roads for that ;) Time and a place for speed, as you say.

Anonymous
13-08-01, 02:48 PM
I knew this post would start some mature, moral and intelectual conversation.

=\_____
=/__|__\_

Anonymous
13-08-01, 04:26 PM
I agree MC.

Here is my comments:

I hate grey squirrels.

AND

I like, no, i love flying round country lanes, i cant wait for 2nite, goin up to scotland, drop summink off for my sister, i luuuuurve those roads!

I admit, now and then i do speed, and i dont really stick to 30 very often, mostly 35-40 thru most areas, but thats me, i know its wrong, but without a speedo, its hard to tell.

Anyways,

country lanes = good fun!
back streets & 30 limits = slow down!

But, as we all know, everyone has their own opinions, and i cant help driving faster than i should, and i aint sayin sorry for it.

Perhaps wen i have a speedo i will slow down, cos will see 40mph more often, rather than 2000rpm.

--------------------
Kill a GREY Squirrel !!!
Not your speed !!!
--------------------

Anonymous
13-08-01, 05:17 PM
i used to ride like a **** when i had my motor bike
my claim to fame was 110 mph in a 30 through the town centre at the end of school time

and i look back now and think what a twat i was what if ........
what if ............

but luckly nothing happened but i would not do it now the main reason my car does not go that quick lol
no seriously speeding in towns is so cuntish
and stupid you dont look hard you just look like a twat because how many times have you been walking and seen some one speeding past and gone twat that is what people say about you when you speed past !

most of the roads round our town you can not go over 20 mph anyway

oh and dont speed on the a127 out of south end 3 points :(

but floor it around the m25 :)

:) decisions decisions :)

Anonymous
13-08-01, 07:01 PM
i have nothing to say

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
13-08-01, 11:48 PM
u just sed something! :-/

Anonymous
14-08-01, 12:37 PM
lol

back to the original post!

good on ya MC...i love hearing storys of little old nova's whupping/keeping up with ?15k+ cars...;)

Nova Community
Visit: www.RoyBacer.co.uk
Email: Ged@RoyBacer.co.uk

[-monkcap.jpg-]

Anonymous
14-08-01, 09:35 PM
MC from wot i have read from past posts i think i can agree that you are a sensible driver and only do things where there is good vis, good road conds etc.
i NEVER speed ne more @ school times one of my sisters mates was ran down (11yrs old) and killed due to speeding racer.

[-flash.gif-]

Anonymous
15-08-01, 03:58 AM
zetec fiesta boys make me laugh.
one tried to race me at the (a5) maccys. flashed is lights round the island at me.
so as we came round and of the island i let him up me inside..then over took the **** down the road.and flashed all me hazards..another ford bites the dust

Anonymous
15-08-01, 04:20 AM
lmao i just watched a flim called wait for it " ORGAZMO" lol laughed my tits off go watch it now!!!!!! :E

Anonymous
15-08-01, 07:05 AM
hmm pag, go to bed and stop dreaming about orgasms!

Novaload.NET Run What Ya Brung Day at Santa Pod, 9th September.