PDA

View Full Version : Why do people look at my wanted ad if they dont have it?!?!!

dunova
28-06-04, 08:18 AM
Why do people bother looking at my wanted ad
"WANTED -60mm rear springs for a gsi"
And then i dont hear anything from anybody-Does the subject not quite explain what i'm after?! Or is it that they do have what i'm after but cant be bothered to post them/Cant be bothered to give me a call?! :evil:
Sorry but it annoys me when loads of people have looked at my wanted ad but i haven't heard anything from anyone :roll:
While i'm hear-does anyone have any -60mm rear springs for a gsi? Also would i just be better off saying -80mm rear springs?

jkhilton
28-06-04, 08:49 AM
firstly, take a deep breath and relax. :lol:

people probably look at the wanted ad thinking that you may have some kind of explanation of why you want the springs or maybe a photoshopped pic or something showing what you are after and they are just interested in seeing what you are doing to your car.

or they could just be nosey!! :lol:

dunova
28-06-04, 09:19 AM
Good point hadn't thought of that, i have taken several deep breaths+i'm calm now :bday:
Reason wht i want -60mm rear springs is coz i've lowered it 30mm all round from standard+the front looks mint (sat right on the arch's) but the back still looks arse high+it looks crap-Anyone else had this problem?

peester
28-06-04, 09:27 AM
gte/gsi's sat lower than the other models from standard. therefore you won't find a -60mm lowering kit for the gsi, that'de work out to a -70mm, -90mm drop on basic models. you'll find varying drops from -30mm to 50mm for gte/gsi. all equivelent to a 60mm on basic models. go coilsprings '89 in Sheffield. not far from you; they do whatever springs ya want; then you'll be able to sleep at night.

dunova
28-06-04, 09:37 AM
A mate of mine lowered his 1.2 80mm and i know you can get -60mm springs lower than standard gsi suspension. Will.F has offered me a full set for ?40 but i only need the rears. Maybe i'm just being abit of a tight arse :idea:

steve-o
28-06-04, 12:05 PM
?40 ffs!!

buy them, sell the others on.

infact, ill sell you the just the rears, ?35, but youll have to wait for me to buy them off him 1st ;)