PDA

View Full Version : urgent help needed!!!

Nath
27-06-04, 02:22 PM
my engine i think has seized ive had aload of trouble with it lately, what i now need to know is wetha i can fit a 1.4 engine straight in or not?? i know this should be in technical but its urgent and i cannot go without my car. cheers

Dpnova
27-06-04, 04:24 PM
yeah mate not much hassle, riggy had a problem and it didnt take him long to change it.

Nath
27-06-04, 05:07 PM
also been offered a 1.6 8v and he said he fit it into my car no problem.

Nath
27-06-04, 08:27 PM
ok managed to get the car home after leaving it for about 7 hours.... whats happened is the headgasket is fubarred and the pressure was building up in the water pipes and expanding those :? was then overheating and missing like hell, and when i turned the engine off and tried to start it again after a bit the oil had set and seized the engine lmao! managed to drive it home slowly. time for a new headgasket me thinks, will do it 2mora

Aragorn
27-06-04, 11:26 PM
prolly warped the head driving it home like that tbh so the head will need to be skimmed

M_U_T_A_N_T21
27-06-04, 11:40 PM
probly gone that bad its pissing water into the chambers when this happeneds it doesnt like to turn over it will act like its seized id take the head of and take a look at least

Nath
28-06-04, 08:30 AM
changing the head gasket sometime this week, will see how it goes then, been offered a 1.4 engine cheap and can be fitted for ?50 and a pint :lol: although i can also have a valver fitted for ?400 engine included, tempted lol doubt my shell is up to the power though,