PDA

View Full Version : Speed Cam's

BUTTERS
26-06-04, 08:37 PM
Can they get you even if your on the other side of the road and going towards it. Its one of the gatso ones and the white lines are only on one side where the traffic is moving away from the camera?

So did it get me going +10 over limit or was it just someone else on the other side of the road?

epo
26-06-04, 08:44 PM
i dont think it can get u mate as like u said marks were on t'otherside
as to the best of my knowledge they need them marks to get ur average speed
I THINK

BUTTERS
26-06-04, 08:52 PM
fcukin hope so. Anyway thought id take this chance to introduce my self. Im butters drive a nova, nuff said.

Riggy
26-06-04, 08:55 PM
alright mate welcome to NL any pics of you car specs etc etc :D

BUTTERS
26-06-04, 08:57 PM
yeah when i get the chance ill put some pics up and stuff, anyone know bout this speed camera stuff, really buggin me

Riggy
26-06-04, 08:59 PM
lol sorry mate forgot to say i dont think they can get you on other side as like lee said they need the marking to find out your speed

p.s where bouts are you from

epo
26-06-04, 09:01 PM
how do mate welcome :wink:

namkeaps
26-06-04, 09:19 PM
nah they can't get you mate ... nothing to worry about

blingmachine
26-06-04, 09:21 PM
don't worry theres noway they can get you if your on the other side of the road, i know this as i still have my licence :lol:

Jules
26-06-04, 10:33 PM
Gatso can't get from the other side of the road but their are cameras that can, they can take a nice picture of the front of your car and the driver - so smile for them!!
:lol:

namkeaps
26-06-04, 10:41 PM
Gatso can't get from the other side of the road but their are cameras that can, they can take a nice picture of the front of your car and the driver - so smile for them!!
:lol:

but then EU law states they cannot take a pic of you without your permission.

therefore they cannot use the pic in a court of law.. ie they cannot do you for speeding?

i may stand corrected on this though so dont take my word for it lol

if you get caught it aint my fault hahaha

BUTTERS
26-06-04, 11:23 PM
So really even if it did get me speeding they cant do me for it. So why does it go off if they cant get me??

Its definatly a gatso, big yellow and a right c**t

epo
26-06-04, 11:44 PM
maybe there was a car goin t'other way :?:

Breeny
26-06-04, 11:54 PM
You can't get done for driving through the other way through a normal gatso speed camera. Its against the law as it flashes in your face distracting the driver..

Howver there are camera's that flash a very dim red light as you go towards them.. theres quite a few round where I live.

Thats bollocks about taking pictures of you.. lol

Camera's are so good these days, even if you didn't have a number plate on they could in theory catch you.. I've seen zoomed in shots of tax disks.. etching on your windscreen.. etc. Its all possible now.

Chris LR
27-06-04, 12:24 AM
I've had an idea about fixed speed cameras.... Will probably make you laugh

The tow bar on my pug sits just below the number plate, if I polished it and made it gleem, would the flash from the camera distort the photo blocking out part of the plate?

5_door owner
27-06-04, 12:53 AM
/\ lol might work m8, only one way to try

and butters if it caught you on the camera it'd say -46 mph an they cant do ya for that :lol: :lol:

BUTTERS
27-06-04, 01:34 AM
yeah nice one guys at least thats put my mind at rest. If one was interested what would be the best way to umm disable the camera. Not that im considering it of course its just ive heard of spraying the lens, setting fire to it, ripping it out. Just wondered the best effective way. LOL :lol:

broody
27-06-04, 01:42 AM
just drive past it loads of times with no plates and let it take shit loads of photos and p!ss em off!

Breeny
27-06-04, 02:07 AM
How are you going to piss a computer off then?

dan_mk1
27-06-04, 11:18 AM
How are you going to p**s a computer off then?

lmao, id like to see neil try! would be a sight!

Cheeze
27-06-04, 12:31 PM
no a normal gatso cant "get" u for speeding if it flashes while ur oncoming to it, needs the lines for average speed, (speed= distance(meters) x time(secs) )lol, the ones ur also meaning that face u are truvelos, use in infa red to take pic of ur car and ur face, if im wrong plz correct me