PDA

View Full Version : Quick Insurance question

HEVY-nova
26-06-04, 05:54 PM
Is there anywhere that a 19/20 year old can get a quote for a group 17 car online?

cheers

namkeaps
26-06-04, 06:16 PM
try http://www.confused.com

out of interest what car you looking at?

epo
26-06-04, 08:21 PM
really id look in the back of mags for a high performance insurance company
i was struggelin for a rover 820 vitesse no one wanted to insure me

sh0rty
26-06-04, 09:45 PM
What comes into Group 17? Is there a list somewhere of wha cars are what group. Think my pug is quite high grouped

HEVY-nova
26-06-04, 09:58 PM
Well Im looking to insure an Impreza turbo next year as I start a work placement year where I will be earning a proper salary. Its probably just wishfull thinking, but I figure if I earn 15-18k next year then it could be feasible.

Ill be 20 with 2 years no claim btw. what are my chances?

epo
26-06-04, 10:03 PM
stick with a nova and buy an house mate

namkeaps
26-06-04, 10:16 PM
stick with a nova and buy an house mate

agreed

you may be able to afford the insurance but what about buying the car?

sh0rty
26-06-04, 10:19 PM
Is there a list somewhere of what cars are in what group

namkeaps
26-06-04, 10:21 PM
www.parkers.co.uk shorty

also you can search for cars on a certain group

very interesting reading

namkeaps
26-06-04, 10:22 PM
sorry i may add

bare in mind alot of insurance companies do have there own groupings as to there experiences with cars

for example i had a mk1 crx insured a few months back with tesco who rated it a group 13 car

i rang LV who had it as a group 14

sh0rty
26-06-04, 10:23 PM
Cheers will go and have a nose now :D

HEVY-nova
26-06-04, 11:00 PM
Well im a student so Im already sorted for housing using my student loan. Buying the car itself shouldn't be too taxing as Im planning to spend 5k on a 1994ish turbo. Fair to say that its going to be a lot of money, but I have wanted a Subaru for years.

As for getting another Nova, I have thought about it, but insuring a similar speed/power nova (LET) is going to be just as expensive as an Scooby, and after consideration I would prefer the Jap mobile.

namkeaps
26-06-04, 11:07 PM
Jap is the future

im sure you shouldn't have any problems gettinginsured asuming you will have it insured in a low risk area etc etc

any luck from confused?

best to try them during the week for some reason, i always find get more results then

sh0rty
27-06-04, 12:11 AM
I noticed that. A lot of the sites only do insurance quotes office hours time. Click on it other times, just says unavailable a present or something i got

General Baxter
27-06-04, 12:25 AM
could always get a job in the motor inds

im 18 and can drive ANY car, aha company insurance :lol:

Chris LR
27-06-04, 12:34 AM
If your serious about buying and keeping a Impretza Turbo your going to want a tracker.

The Price will come down slightly when your 21, but if I were you I'd wait until your 25, by then you could buy a newer (less thrashed) example, track it and insure it. Some good discounts for trackers.

epo
27-06-04, 07:50 AM
If your serious about buying and keeping a Impretza Turbo your going to want a tracker.

The Price will come down slightly when your 21, but if I were you I'd wait until your 25, by then you could buy a newer (less thrashed) example, track it and insure it. Some good discounts for trackers.

yeah aswell as a decent alarm and imobiliser
keep it garaged at night
maybe even limit ur mileage on it

HEVY-nova
27-06-04, 08:32 AM
Wahoo! I have just been told by confused.com that my quote is ?1800, which is less than I was expecting to be honnest. Also "some of the sites we normally go to were temporarily unavailable", so I may get it cheaper still.

This is fully comp with unlimited milage for a 20 year old in high risk area btw. Hence Im quite please withthis quote.

Genius idea there about working for an insurance company. This may actually be possible as I get to choose which company I do my work placement with. That would be awesome.

Yeah I would invest in a tracker, and alarm/immob is pretty much standard kit with some of these motors

dan_mk1
27-06-04, 11:15 AM
fook thats cheap!

Miss NovaSRi 16v
28-06-04, 01:20 PM
I am 20 and have everything insured on my valver nova and i pay about ?700 with vauxhall insurance. Id defo go with vauxhall for a nova with a big engine cos you get 20% knocked off for it being an older vauxhall and i got some more knocked off cos my engine is out of an astra gte