PDA

View Full Version : Censorship

HEVY-nova
26-06-04, 02:21 PM
Just a quick rant here.

I've noticed that there seems to be a lot of topics being locked of late. Fair enough if the content is illegal or damaging to the site etc. but I feel that there should be more freedom of speach allowed, as that is the main advantage of the internet over other mediums.

Also I feel that arguments disagreements in posts make interesting reading, as people are allowed to express different views and opinions.

Im not having a go, I just feel that there is too much censorship around these days without the internet following suit.

ps. no offence intended to admin staff, I know you are just doing your job.

Aragorn
26-06-04, 02:40 PM
the threads i see locked in here are generally posts which were created simply to try to create a rant (like tetleys 1.2 vs 1.1 post) and most of the time the admins give a perfectly valid reason for locking them

epo
26-06-04, 08:23 PM
also if there was no lockin of post the arguement could just grow and grow if neither side is willin to back down

?Marty?
26-06-04, 09:50 PM
Shut the fuck up, the lot of ya!

sh0rty
26-06-04, 09:53 PM
paa

?Marty?
27-06-04, 03:53 PM
It's all hush hush. :wink: lol
I bet you've been having words with Kev about inviting me huh? lol
Yes, i AM not quite right inthe head.

I'm going to be ridden like a bike all the way there. lol

*snigger*

?Marty?
27-06-04, 08:33 PM
^^^ lmao, wtf is that then!? Now i KNOW i did not write that. lol

Oooh you crazy guys, with your special powers! :lol:

Stuart
27-06-04, 09:19 PM
you really are weird and schitzophrenic.

:D

oh and as for the real start of the post.

what would you rather see, a board full of arguments about nothing/personal attacks on people etc. or a forum with a sensible(ish) section and a silly section (like we have now)

everything in the right forums, and in moderation. a discussion is good, an argument isnt.

Rach
27-06-04, 09:23 PM
hear hear...

well said stu

:D

cooper_nova
28-06-04, 10:02 AM
have to agree wiv u there stu :)

just think how nl cud turnout wiv out the admin locking certain posts :o