PDA

View Full Version : Another insurance post :lol:

Mel
25-06-04, 08:08 PM
i know everyone is prolly well annoyed with these, but i thought i'd let u know my latest troubles with my renewal premium :?

i've spent all day today ringing up for a quote after my insurance renewal came in yesterday.

my current company (who were over ?100 (at ?580) cheaper than everywhere else with 1 years NCB last year) quoted me ?554 after ANOTHER years NCB. (so after a year's not claiming, its only gone down ?26 quid, which i thought was a bit s**t)

rang up, amongst 10 other companies, HIC, LV and Adrian Flux. the quotes i got varied from ?600 to ?660 from all of them TPFT.

HIC: after 15 mins on the phone, they came back with ?660 quid. i laughed at the bloke on the phone and said..u what? that's ?80 quid dearer than last year, with only 1 NCB. but alas, he couldnt bring it down any lower.

AF: very helpful on the phone. after detailed chat/discussions, he came up with ?508. that was with ALL mods declared, excess of ?250 squid on everything (good considering it was ?350 this year :lol: )

and rang up LV after AF: the person on the phone was a bit dodgy..wasnt quite sure. but, after discussion, they gave me a quote for ?501.72. after findin all the details, found out accidental damage excess was ?450 :o and ?150 excess on everything else.

so all in all, i've got a choice now. ?501.72 with LV TPFT with ?450 excess or ?508 with ?250 excess. think personally it'd be with AF, as its only ?250 excess as opposed to ?450 with LV :?

current details: im 19, 1 non-fault accident last year, f/t student, live in a ok area, car in garden with 6-ft fence panels all around and locked 6ft gate at night..thatcham 1 alarm, 15" vaux astra alloys, nova GTE sideskirts, lowered 35mm, diff exhaust, 1.2 engine :oops: and 2 years NCB.

i was quite suprised that it was this dear again this year, especially after another years driving experience and another 1 years NCB. :? sorry for the long post :lol:

Adam
25-06-04, 08:40 PM
I would go with Adrian Flux, just because of the excess ?450 :roll: with LV

Mel
25-06-04, 08:47 PM
yeah, thats what i was more swayed at. for payin an extra 7 quid, i'm savin 200 on excess. its not the excess that bothers me really, its the fact that its so dear.

i expected it to go down a damn lot more than ?72 quid after not claiming for a year :?

Ian
25-06-04, 08:58 PM
i wouldnt go with flux if you paid me

Rick Draper
25-06-04, 09:09 PM
i wouldnt go with flux if you paid me

They are all fucking scamsters in car insurance. Rick

Mel
25-06-04, 09:16 PM
really? i thought they was alright. i wasnt keen on paying ?450 excess in case of an accident when my car's only worth about ?500 :lol:

has anyone else got a flux hatred? :?

Philsutton
25-06-04, 09:39 PM
?500 pound for insurance thats quite cheap. if i was offered that now id take it straight away but for some reason women get cheap insurance, not fair really

Mel
25-06-04, 09:48 PM
for a 1.2 with 2 years NCB @ 19? seems a bit dear to me..

Philsutton
25-06-04, 09:53 PM
to me that doesnt sound too bad, on the sr i had i was paying about 2000 third party. Apparently its a fast car, dont think they have actually driven one. Then again i do have 6 points and no years NCB

Mel
25-06-04, 09:59 PM
hmm, maybe you're right. i dunno.

another factor that makes me think its dear is the fact that i have had quotes for a standard nova GTE for ?880. :?

Breeny
25-06-04, 11:21 PM
Only problems with flux are there after sales if you come to make a claim etc.

Just to add insult to injury I just renewed my car insurance at ?450 less than last year lol I don't receall my insurance really going down much in the past few years but now I'm 21 and 3 yrs ncb and 3 less points.. lol Seems to have made a huge difference.

Mel
25-06-04, 11:35 PM
Only problems with flux are there after sales if you come to make a claim etc.

well, im hoping not to make a claim, lol..doesnt bother me too much on after sales, just as long as im covered and in the event of a claim, i dont pay TOO much on excess, then thats all that matters.

Just to add insult to injury I just renewed my car insurance at ?450 less than last year lol

lol, u bugger. my policy went down over ?300 last year (with 1 year NCB), so like i already said, i thought it'd go down a fair bit more than ?70ish quid with another years..i didnt expect it to go UP almost ?100 quid tho :lol:

ah well. i think i've decided flux, just mainly on the fact of the cheaper excess :?

Col_Mk1
25-06-04, 11:50 PM
i got 1 for my nova wen i pass (1litre) third party fire and theft 800 an am 18

Dpnova
26-06-04, 10:14 AM
hmm, maybe you're right. i dunno.

another factor that makes me think its dear is the fact that i have had quotes for a standard nova GTE for ?880. :?

you could always pay ?1600 for insurance on your gte :)

sh0rty
26-06-04, 02:07 PM
for a 1.2 with 2 years NCB @ 19? seems a bit dear to me..

Car worth ?500? Think I read...

I'm same age, car is 1.6 sri pug, 1 yr NCB no mods though but im only paying about ?550 before credit stuff. Im with Admiral, they dont mind few mods but go skits with engine mods n stuff. Dunno if you wanna try them? Just thinking car is worth the same, same age, but you have 1 more years no claims than me. (and if that post makes any sense I'll be chuffed lol) www.admiral.com

namkeaps
26-06-04, 03:21 PM
fcuking ppl moaning about insurance lol

get over it. you gotta pay what they ask you so tuff shit

i pay ?1100 on a 1.2 19 0ncb (drove as a named driver until now)

yeh i pay way over the odds but shit happens. at the end of the day you gotta pay it and they wont budge ...

first year no claims goes down by about 30% just cos you got that 1st time round dont mean you should be arrogant enough into thinking you will get that again the next year

sorry for the rant but ppl moaning about insurance is starting to piss me off

rikih
26-06-04, 03:26 PM
go with elephant im 20 got a quote on a civic vti (insurance gp 16) for 1050 tpft. i got 2yrs no claims

Mel
26-06-04, 08:21 PM
first year no claims goes down by about 30% just cos you got that 1st time round dont mean you should be arrogant enough into thinking you will get that again the next year

i wasnt arrogant at all. how can my insurance go down over ?300 quid after my first years driving, but go UP ?100 after another year's no claims bonus? then you say i'm being arrogant for expecting it to go down as opposed to up? i dont think so :roll:

Also, you didnt have to read the post, and didnt need to be nasty about your comment either. if you get pissed off with people talking about insurance, dont open the friggin posts :x

Thanks Shorty, i will definately try them. i have more people i can ring up, but the majority have been over ?600 (well above what i paid this year)..

rikih: i have tried elephant. they were very dear with me. same with diamond who are meant to be the lowest premium for females..

sh0rty
26-06-04, 09:42 PM
Well said there Mel, topic suggests what is going to be inside the posts. I ried Diamond too, well expensive. dont know if you know... www.confused.com is one that checks quite a few with the details you have put in, wait bout 30 mins and they email you back with what everyone has quoted you :idea:

Mel
26-06-04, 09:59 PM
lol, thanks, but yep i've tried confused as well. :lol:

namkeaps
26-06-04, 10:20 PM
the topic doesn;t suggest people moaning about insurance. if people have genuine questions about where best to insure or a general question on how much it will be

but moaning about how much it costs is not going to get you anywhere, just go for the cheapest you can find end of story, you have found one cheaper ?508 ?250 excess if im not mistaken?

unless you are v.v. lucky after looking at your other quotes you wion't find one cheaper than that so just go for it. if you find one cheaer at a later date you know what that is

unlucky lol

ChrisGTE
29-06-04, 04:03 AM
insurance for my GTE is 3000 lol

Mel
29-06-04, 12:40 PM

jesus..now that really is unlucky.

update: my current insurer have agreed to lower their ?554 to ?501. so that beats LV by 72p :lol: looks like im gunna be renewing my policy with the same company. only thing im worried about is how much the GTE is gunna bite my ass on insurance, lol..if your quote is anything to go by Chris, its goin up for sale when its fixed lol

Dpnova
29-06-04, 12:56 PM
mel before you renew make sure you can transfer over to a gte, i was with lv and they told me i couldnt till i was 21 which meant i had to cancel with them. Im now with admiral

Mel
29-06-04, 01:02 PM
yeah, i should have discussed this with the companies i rang up, but tbh, i didnt wanna get too carried away. the rate its going, the gte prolly wont be properly finished till my renewal next year anyway :lol:

i'm with A+ insurance people (they work for Doric, who the policy is with) so will have to ring up nearer the time, if not, then my third years NCB will just have to be started again. :?

ChrisGTE
29-06-04, 04:16 PM

jesus..now that really is unlucky.

update: my current insurer have agreed to lower their ?554 to ?501. so that beats LV by 72p :lol: looks like im gunna be renewing my policy with the same company. only thing im worried about is how much the GTE is gunna bite my ass on insurance, lol..if your quote is anything to go by Chris, its goin up for sale when its fixed lol

Tell me about it lol. Mind you it was my first car and I did just pass my test.
By the way I just signed up here Im from salisbury

Mel
29-06-04, 09:26 PM
ahhh, well thats a different story then. that is pretty good, especially as its ur first car.

btw, welcome :wink: