PDA

View Full Version : indicators

gary_1.2Merit
25-06-04, 05:44 PM
ive jus done me nu microscan alarm, n it has 2 wires that flash the indicators when the alarm iz armed etc. i wire these to wires to a green/black and a green/black/white wires at the hazard switch. but they dnt flash wit de alarm. the wires 4om the alarm are getting +12V. its mk1

-tucny-
25-06-04, 06:00 PM
ur best tapping into the wires that go to the indicator stalks. theres alot going on at the hazard switch so u may not have the right wires or you may have tapped in at the wrong side of the switch. take the shroud around the ignition barrel etc.. off, find the right wires then follow them in to the dash and tap into them there. before you do any of that, its best to check if there earth activated or not. best not to put a live feed down a earth wire!

Adam
26-06-04, 10:59 AM
Use the stalk wires, thats what the intructions always seem to point to.

Gary1.2merit:-
Which microscan alarm did you get, and what are the instructions like, are they easy to follow. Its just that my mate needs an alarm fitting and microscan seem the best budget models.

gary_1.2Merit
26-06-04, 11:55 AM
yea dere fairly simple, jus a bit basic. u can go to www.microscan-alarms.co.uk i think, n view all de fitting instructions dere