PDA

View Full Version : absolutly stuck...help?

bubba1
25-06-04, 09:40 AM
hi all im in need of some guidance.
dont know where to begin, ive got a pretty tidy sri but the rust is appearing, i need some doors can they be bought new?
would like to get it in a body shop for a general tidy up but the people i ask have said ur gonna pay a fortune as the body shops dont want to deal with rust.
i dont know where to begin! sum of you guys are in my area and im hoping you could give me some guidance would really appreciate it.
any ideas
i will try to get some pics of my car up in the near future thanks all

Dave
25-06-04, 10:09 AM
i need some doors can they be bought new?

doors can be brought new from vaux but i think thy are about ?230 each

most nova pannels can be replaced by any bodyshop as they are redily availiable for the manifacutrers depends how bad it is an how much you wanna spend really

bubba1
28-06-04, 02:57 PM
thanks for that mate i will begin lookin further in to that, just gt some 16v calipers there going on the car thursday, surprised on the best nova forum ive only had one piece of advice but its much appreciated

dunova
28-06-04, 03:07 PM
I think if the rust is quite bad most people just resign themselves to getting a new mint shell and transfering everything-hence not many people know much about dealing with rust. The only bit of rust that's appearing on mine is on the rear arch's (coz the tosser that i bought the car off of had cut the arch's+not sealed them) but they're quite easily replaced. You've got to start considering a new shell though if your sills are gone :cry:
Doors are easily replaced+if the more work you get done at the body shop the cheaper it gets (not literally!)-so get EVERYTHING you'll ever want doing done at the same time and you'll have a sorted, tidy little nova :D

bubba1
28-06-04, 03:18 PM
the rust i dont think is that bad the rear arches on the lips have not gone at all its further down they have began i think cus i want to have a spotless car im just gettin fussy, i will try and get some pics of my car up soon

burgo
28-06-04, 08:59 PM
rust is easy to sort peeps as long as it isnt rotten threw your fine just get a wire brush bit on ya drill and attack the rusted area until ur down to nice clean rust free metal then buy some rust treat ment stuff slap aload of that on once thats down its job get out ya p38 scim the area u just attacked get it nice and smooth then off to the bodyshop to have it sprayed or if u happen to work in a bodyshop u shout crusty sort theat rust then daz spray that for me :lol: