PDA

View Full Version : FU**ING GLOEVBOX!

dunova
25-06-04, 07:54 AM
Can't explain how pi**ed off i am-just broke my second fu**ing glovebox, its only been in there about a month. What is it with vauxhall making stuff that always fu**ing breaks! Oh here's any idea..........maybe coz they wan't you to go buy a new one for ?95 or whatever the rip-off merchants charge :evil:
Fu**cking piece of sh*t glovebox.
To make it even better, its my black gsi dash, so i'll prob have to get a grey one and then buy that stupidly expensive black dash spray so it match's :x
Anyone selling a glovebox?

Dave
25-06-04, 10:17 AM
i've just noticed a big crack has appeared in my opener handle thing :(

Jules
25-06-04, 10:32 AM
WTF do you do to them to break them?
I've had my GSi for about 3 years now and the glovebox lid has been fine since it was made in 1991!! (/me touches wood) - I've heard of it being a common complaint with Novas but how does it break and what do you do to cause it?!
:?

dunova
25-06-04, 10:38 AM
There's NO way of avoiding it-it's purely just opening it as you normally would, and then this morning i opened it and that was it-the handle just goes limp+its knackered. Maybe you've been lucky :?:

Jim
25-06-04, 12:12 PM
I've never had a problem with my glovebox (probably jinxed it now) but I rarely use it.

Jim

dunova
25-06-04, 12:16 PM
That could be where my prob is-i open it all the time when i park up to show there's no cd's or stuff in there-Bristols full of thieving pikey bastards so its a good idea to leave it open, a sort of f**k off to all those passing shit heads that have a look in :x
If only i were there when they had a go at my car.........

robb
25-06-04, 02:10 PM
Dunno what you do to break them,

My mate always has CD's in there and it never broke yet, he opens it nearly every day!

Even the pikey b****ds that stole the CD's once didn't break it, although they did break the window :evil:

Pikey = c****ts

mark_GSi
25-06-04, 03:44 PM
ive had 2 novas and none of the glove boxs have broke

Philsutton
25-06-04, 06:04 PM
some dirty pikey broke mine when they broke into the car, thing was there wasnt anything in the glove box........twats

NikosNova
25-06-04, 06:05 PM
same ere, just dont see how thery can be broken easily lol

~~joycey~~
25-06-04, 06:11 PM
the catch on mine always brakes so it ends up opening when u go ova a bump :wink:

-tucny-
25-06-04, 06:21 PM
iv never broken a normal glovebox, what do you do to it? u dont have a mate with fat fingers in the passanger seat that always fiddles with stuff do u? i took the front off mine to paint it n it took some right getting off. i glued it back on with some uhu super glue n it came off when someone grabbed it to pull there seat forwards. its now well stuck on with some epoxy resin - solid. take the front of n fix it rather than buying a new one.

Barn
25-06-04, 07:22 PM
you can but my glovebox out of my wrote-off SR for ?90 if you want ?

:D

Chris
25-06-04, 08:58 PM
the front break when hamfisted people try and open them by pulling the handle whereas i find to better to put my thumb on the top of the handle and the lift the bottom up instead of just pulling it back. I have has 2 break in 4 yrs

Chris

isrs
25-06-04, 11:21 PM
the glove boxs are sh*t, mine hasn't broke but the screws keep coming out, bloody annoying.

epo
26-06-04, 11:12 AM
ive never bust or had a prob with mine mk1 or mk2 ive just sprayed mine so had to take it in and out again no probs

Tazzy
26-06-04, 12:30 PM
Pikey = c****ts

also known as bham city fans in this part of the west midlands!

i no longer keep cd's in my car, ill pick 1 cd keep it in the player, then keep all the other 'car' cd's i have, ill keep in the garage, and put in a different cd every day, that way, ive got known in the glovebox (although at the moment i do have the 3 lions cd in the box! :cry: )

only 2 things in my glove box, a torch and a road map of bham, you cant trust any facker with your property!

dunova
26-06-04, 03:54 PM
Maybe i've been unlucky :roll:
The mk1 gloveboxs that i know of never break, but this is the second that i've broke by just opening it as i always would-the handle bit just goes sort of limp'ish-i could just leave it how it is and never open it-pikeys won't be able to get in either!
Cheers to gunzi, i'll give that a try-a lot easier than finding a black one :D