PDA

View Full Version : plz help engine change

General Baxter
24-06-04, 10:49 PM
can anybody do me a step by step guide to remove a 1.0L engine as iv lost my manual

david dixon
25-06-04, 06:26 PM
The way I would probably do it is: after having it on stands and wheels off.
Firstly take off the castle nuts holding your joints into the hubs, loosen off the tie bars and ball joints and remove them so you can leave them in the box when you drop the engine!
Next: loosen and remove your rad and heater matrix pipes to drop the water out!, loosen your header tank cap!
Remove all the wiring from te starter, alternator and earths(engine and box!) etc, remove your clutch, throttle and speedo cable!
diconnect the fuel lines from the carb along with the choke cable!
Pull out the servo pipe from the inlet manifold and just push it aside!
loosen your gear linkage at the back of the engine with a 13mm socket and some extension bars, pull it out of the gear selector bar.
Next you should be ready to get under the car and loosen the down pipe from the exhaust!
Now you'll probably be ready to drop the engine!: this is what I would do so you dont damage anything: put a jack under the back mount (to stop the engine tilting back) and remove the bolt, then the next thing to do is get your engine lift fixed to your engine securely and take up the tension of the engine weight and loosen the front engine mounts, once this is done pull out that jack under the back mount and you should be ready to drop the engine down but do go steady incase you've foroten to loosen something as it does happen!
If iv not mentioned anything sorry!